Bigg issue with Danfoss battery usage

Gael Poffet shared this problem 10 years ago
Solved

Hello,

I have bought 4 Danfoss Living Connect valves and I have an important issue with battery usage. I had to replace all the battery after 1 month. First I thought that it was because of bad quality included battery.

I changed them with new ones and after 24h they have gone from 99% to 65% according to the Zipabox battery icone !!!

I checked on the valve and I can see that the antenna icone and ring icone are continuously blinking on all the valves. I forced manually the connection again and they start blinking again after a few hours.

It seems that there is an issue with the Z-Wave connection make the valve use too much battery (even if the valve is less than 3 m from the box).

In the current situation is not acceptable as I can't change the battery every 3 weeks.

Has someone the same issue ? What is the solution to that problem ?

Important point: the valve stay available from the box, events are triggered correctly.

Thanks for help

Replies (15)

photo

I got the same problem since the last firmware.

One of my battieri was drained in a few days!

I think that the problem is that the valves talk with the zipabox every 7 minutes and not only when there's a setpoint change.

I know Zipato is aware of this...

photo

Hello,

Thanks you for your update.

Please handle this issue as high priority as it is really critical.

The battery are going down very fast and with the number of valves in one appartement it would means more than 15 new battery every 10 days what is not affordable.

And it is not possible to stop the valves while waiting the patch.

Thanks for your support.

photo

Hello,

I have upgraded to the last version of the FW, force the valve to reconnect and after a few hours the valve are again in panic mode. What do we have to do to use the fix correctly ?

photo

I have the same problem.... I have update the firmware but the battery still going down very fast.

photo

Same here. Installed new batteries (the new blue Duracells) in some valves on 30-9, now they're already down to 40%. I included them at that time with the latest firmware on my Zipabox.

On another Danfoss valve I installed new batteries (regular Duracell) on 3-9 and this unit is down to 69%.

Just to confirm, I have not altered any settings in terms of wakeup interval. Just the standard settings that are used when being included to the network.

So it seems there is still something wrong here.

photo

I have the very same issue. Just installed everything last week. Before setting up my network, I made sure my zipabox got the latest firmware upgrade. One week later 2 danfoss valves are below 50%, while 1 already needed a replacement (ironically the one just 2 meters away from the controller).

Is this a Danfoss or a Zipabox issue?

photo

An new update is coming to fix this problem.

There is a threat about this on the forum but i can not find it.

photo

Yeah, that's the one :)

photo

Hello when do you think we will have the update? I have 6 Danfoss

thermostats and no one of that is working now...Here in north of Italy the weather

is going really cold and I can't wait to use the thermostats in

the right way!

Thanks. Regards.

Federico - Turin - Italy

photo

I have an extremely negative experience with Zipabox + 2 Danfoss Living Connect thermostats. I am not getting any answers from Zipato. I have dismounted the thermostats and replaced them with the old thermostats.

photo

Greetings,

Louis, please open a ticket at http://support.zipato.com/ and we will try to help you out with your thermostats.

photo

There are news about danfoss thermostats? Now works properly? Someone can tell me another product like this?

photo

Francesco Ferrari wrote:

There are news about danfoss thermostats? Now works properly? Someone can tell me another product like this?
They work properly.

photo

for me, lc-13 is better than lc-12

Leave a Comment

Attach a file