This object is in archive! 

Zipato CO2 measurement ???

timrai shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

How is possible to measure CO2 values with zipato ?

And is it possible to make controls via CO2 values ?

Replies (7)

photo

You can use Netatmo weather station for this, but you will need to use the Netatmo http API. You will then need a script server or use Google drive to host a script "in the middle", accessing both Netatmo API and for instance a Zipato virtual meter. I use a Php script running on my NAS to get CO2 levels. As it only polls Netatmo every 15 minutes, it is useless for detecting fire. But for controlling ventilation, it will work ok, I guess

photo

Sorry but i dont get it how you can use Co2 values.

Whar is NAS ?

Do you get Co2 values from netetmo every 15min ?

photo

NAS = Network Attached Storage, for example QNAP or Synology NAS server. Also I read somewhere in this forum that Zipato is working on Netatmo integration, so you might need to wait a bit longer to get it running on Zipato. You can ask support directly.

photo

If you just need a device that alert you on dangerous levels or CO2 Zipato has his own device.

https://www.zipato.com/product/carbon-monoxide-sensor-zwave

photo

Alberto, Co and CO2 is 2 very different things.

CO is a dangerous gas and CO2 is used for air ventillation systems (recuperation)

photo

Sorry for the misread, I understand the difference. @Timrai I misread the topic, Zipato sensor is for CO (carbon monoxide) only.

photo
photo

there are designated CO2 sensors available, but I don't know if they are supported by Zipato. Google "z-wave co2". Quite expensive tho...

photo

The Siegenia CO2 meter is now supported by the Zipabox (because I badgered them into supporting it)

photo

MCO also has a CO2 measuring device although I dont know if it is supported. There is no other Zwave device (at least in Europe) that can measure CO2.

photo

Yeah I looked at the MCO although I suspect they'll say "no, and it's not certified". What I don't understand is: isn't Z-Wave a protocol which communicates a device's capabilities to the controller? Why does each device need to be supported individually?

Another option is the NetAtmo Indoor Air Quality Meter, which I think would involve calling the API from either a webserver or a cloud script like Google App Script to extract the values and send them to the Zipabox.

Or there's the Awair, which has an API too (but not public, so using it will take some digging around - there's an example on GitHub I think) and which works with IFTTT, but I'm not sure to what extent.

I'm unsure about the Siegenia's accuracy lately - it seems to be systematically unreporting the CO2 level as far as I can gather. So I'm looking at alternatives.

photo

I'm going to correct myself about Siegenia's accuracy. I discovered the other day, using a snake camera, that the workmen who installed the building's lift left a huge hole in my living room wall inside the false ceiling. No wonder the CO2 levels were going crazy...

photo

About the MCO sensor: I was told by Matko that you can buy an hour of support to create a descriptor for an unsupported device for €65. If more than one of us is interested in adding an unsupported device, we could split the cost between us. Worth bearing in mind.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file