This object is in archive! 

Support for unsupported devices

David Pritchard shared this idea 5 years ago
Under Consideration

I was told by Matko that you can buy an hour of support to create a descriptor for an unsupported device for €65. If more than one of us is interested in adding an unsupported device, we could split the cost between us. Worth bearing in mind.

Perhaps we can make a list of unsupported devices here and put our names down if we're interested in them.

Replies (6)

photo

Devices I am interested in:

Outdoor Temperature Sensor -30 to +50°C Trio2Sys EnOcean TRI-10020076

MCO Home MH10-PM2.5 Sensor Air Quality Monitor

photo

Good idea David, fortunately all my devices are supposed to be supported, this post is a good idea, this way is a win-win situation. Last devices i have had issues are:

* Aeotec Wallmote (works with newer beta firmwares)

* Yale Real Living Locks (Z-wave), which got broke with newer firmwares.

Something I virtual devices I would like more functionality are Virtual Alarms and locks (like scheduling of user passwords), I already sent my suggestions to development team but of course it will take time and may not be done, this would accelerate the process if several are interested and pitch in.

photo

also, I think this means unsupported devices that are z-wave certified only. You cant get support for a z-wave device that has not passed z-wave certification according to z-wave alliance, you can check all z-wave alliance approved products here https://products.z-wavealliance.org/

photo

Actually, they said this to me in connection with an Enocean device, not a Z-Wave device. Certified Z-Wave devices should be supported anyway!

photo

I agree, shouldn't be an issue with z-wave certified devices.

photo

certified z-wave are easy to implement, this is why they only support certified devices. But they still need to be supported as otherwise many of the functions/features are not available within your hub. Not so with non certified devices as we are finding out now. Zipato wont add support for these, that is why I say to check the Z-wave alliance site for approved devices.

Enocean is easy also, as every device has the same type of chipset whether it be a temp sensor or contact or switch. So a temp sensor not matter what brand has exactly the same architecture.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file