This object is in archive! 

Adding 433 MHz device using remote control signal

Benny Blomkål shared this idea 9 years ago
Under Consideration

I would like to be able to add a device, such as a Nexa mains socket, by having the Zipabox register a signal from a remote control that the device has already learned.

Whenever I get a new device like i mains socket, I generally put it in learning mode and use a remote control which I pair it with. Now, when I want to add it to my zipabox, it seems I must teach it a new remote signal, in order to pair it with the Zipabox - i.e. put it in learning mode and add it to the Zipabox that way.

Why not allow me to add it by putting the Zipabox into "listening mode", and pressing the key on the remote - which I have already paired with the device?

This has another huge benefit: The zipabox can pick up on when the socket is turned on/off using the remote, and update the device status based on that. (With the usual uncertainty of the 433MHz system, of course.)

There might already be a possibility to do exactly what I ask for - and I'm just too stupid to figure it out. If so, please excuse me, and kindly point me in the right direction on how to do it! :-)

Thanks & Best regards

Replies (7)

photo

Thats the way, what I supposed it could be. Unfortunately I was wrong.

photo

Ivan,

Thanks for your reply and the suggested workaround.

Your suggestion should indeed work, though it still seems a bit unnecessary (for certain scenarios at least) to have to re-program the socket with another code, instead of just adding it with an existing one.

My sockets can only remember 3 codes, so recycling codes seems a good idea. Not to mention how boring it will be to run around the house and unplugging/re-plugging all my mains socket devices to get them into learning mode, and then managing to pair them with the zipabox within the 5 second learning mode window... ;-)

Hope to see this feature when your time allows. Keep voting, fellow remote control users!

Thanks again & Best regards

photo

Im currently having 43 NEXA devices. Most of them mounted in wallboxes and allready paired up with pushbuttons and remotes. Some even paired to max (3 devices).

A nice feature would be to, as mentioned "Scan transmitter" but also a custom field for self learning codes to add to units. (House code and unit code)

I have been using the Telldus system up until now and is going to move to this system as time goes.

The Telldus system lets med scan and also edit the house and unit code.

Example:

Bedroom Windowlights (Nexa Self learning)

House code: 10314274

Unit code: 11

photo

It is most usefull for the "old" devices wich use hard configured House Codes. By integrating the suggested feature, nearly all (allready existing) old 433 MHz Devices will be supported by the System. Possible result: many more Costumers of Zipato.

photo

just bought a zipabox and got the same problem. i thought i should migrate from my tellstick to zipato. but now when i know its not possible and i will probably return zipa box.

photo

I also assumed you could simply learn codes from te remote.

All the needed info is there, this should be just a small modification?

photo

Any news about this? I have also lots of Nexa actuators, would be great to be able to use the old codes with my remotes etc!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file