Night light mode rule - How to do?

Erkan Bayır shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

Hi Everyone,

i have 6 philips hue bulbs and have more than 10 color combination rules working at %100 brightness activated via virtual light switch

What i need to do is;

i want to create 'night light mode' virtual switch. When night light mode on after that all other rules work with %15 brightness when switch on.

Is there any possible way to do it? Any ideas?

Thank you!

Best Answer
photo

Hello Erkan,

If you want to make it simple try something like below;

9201fa53c7fda04b4e4c25b86586b033

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Erkan,

If you want to make it simple try something like below;

9201fa53c7fda04b4e4c25b86586b033

photo

thank you!! i am gonna try this know.

hope it works

photo

Hi again Alberto,

i tried it but unfortunately not working. i am commanding philips hue bulbs with http commands in all rules for stability.

i think i have to add one more 'if' parameter to every rule for checking night mode on or off but i have no idea how to do?

photo

b4b2ec2cf9757df78d17a57a92a7a27a

i did it like this and it works now. i guess i need to edit all of the lights rules one by one

photo

I would use IF/ELSE instead of several IF's for a two state device but that way works too.

photo

according to my experience, sometimes if/else does not work as it is. This way seems more guarantee for me :)

photo

BTW Alberto, IF/ELSE is not part of the smart license and if you want to use it, need to buy rule creator PRO...One of the hugely important features is the JOIN block...also not part.

photo

Hi everyone,

we apologize for the slight delay,

it took a bit longer. We were migrating the system to a faster server. We apologize for any inconvenience if you received any test emails during that time because our e-mail server was still operating and this is one of the topics we were testing the migration. If you received any notification that this general topic was moved to a ticket. This is not the case.

We hope that your experience on our community site will be faster and more enjoyable from now on.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file