This object is in archive! 

16 days without a reboot! Anybody else seeing the same thing?

David Pritchard shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

My Zipabox used to reboot one or more times per day, almost without fail. Now it's been running for almost 16 days non-stop, which coincides pretty much with the release of firmware 1.2.24. Has anyone else seen a reduction in reboots?

Replies (3)

photo

Well Dave. I have the complete opposite experience over weekend.

It was stuck twice without being able to anything with it.First It was on Saturday evening and 2nd time Sunday afternoon.

I hadto remove it from cord. Then by holding the on/off button for a long time Ihave managed to restart it.

I dont have a lot of devices (49) and rules (41).

photo

I had the same issue than you Attila, there was one night that I got about 10 reboots, yesterday I thought it was dead actually, it rebooted and the light on Zipabox was completely off for about 10 seconds.

photo
photo

Video added as separate post

photo

Also one of my zipatiles died last wednesday, when I got home it looked very similar to what you show in the video (it was also a white zipatile, coincedence?) LED buttons on and backlight of the screen was ON but the tile didn't responded, I felt it was warm, I long pressed the power button and after a few seconds it turned OFF (I even heard the relays click), after that is dead, I left it charging for a while, attempted to reboot it in safe mode without luck, the charger is good for sure and no other electronic device died so it was not a power surge (plus I have surge protector on my main drop).

photo

Hi Atilla,

I have a similar problem.

BR,

Mehmet

photo

Remove the zipatile from the power lead. Keep holding the turn on button. The zipatile will reboot.

Now, go to android settings-> applications and remove: Doorbird, Reverb, Teamviewer. I also have the intercom removed and reset to factory default.

Although Im unable to reinstall the intercom app, currently I dont care. The system works since Sunday without a drop in connection. It;s like these 3rd party apps just kill the performance of the zipatile. I have 1st generation and they have weaker hardware then the 2nd generation ones so I cannot have any 3rd party installed in order to keep the zipatile running at normal level. Shame, it reminds me on Zipabox as that also had a weak hardware, not capable to run a local web environment.

photo
photo

i found removing all my nest devices solved most of the reboot issues. Still occurs occasionally. But my box is laden with lots of irregular rules and devices that cause issues.

I found after updating to 2.24, i had some issues with adding devices and some rules now functioning. I then downgraded to previous version 1.38 and all was good. I have since upgraded again and everything seems to be working faster. Must have been a bad upgrade. I'll keep an eye on the reboots.

ps this is for a Zipabox, Zipatile is slightly different firmware .24j so haven;t tested this on its own.

photo

I have experienced some weird issues too on 1.2.24 while trying to add devices, more reboots (before that was pretty stable) and then I had issues with devices that were shown OFFLINE even though I replaced the battery and sent NIF about 30 cm from the box, attempted ZWNTUT that device and was never able to start it (it was battery powered device), at the end I ended up removing and adding again.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file