This object is in archive! 

Micromocule Power meter - reporting interval

Shawn Fitzpatrick shared this question 4 years ago
Need Answer

Anyone using the Zipato Micromodule Power Meter? Having difficulty getting the meter to report on a more granular interval.

I've set registers 1 and 2 to 60 seconds (12 x 5sec) and verified the settings by reading the registers. I am only getting reports about once every 8 minutes or so.

Also CT#2 is reporting current but no kWh.

Replies (4)

photo

Zipato updated the firmware on my device to 1.2 I can now set the report time but it appears to only work for the combined meter. The individual clamps still report once about every 8-9 minutes. Can't find any registers that can be manipulated to change this behavior. I would really like to see individually addressable registers for both clamps and the summary. 10 minute granularity is just not sufficient. May have to reinstall me TED.

photo

CT#2 still reports no kWh after firmware update. :(

photo

The reporting problem with Clamp2 is that the silkscreen labels on the micromodule are incorrect. instead of (CT2, CT1) (-+.-+) it should be connected +-,-+. CT2 is reversed. I have verified this with two devices. (Alternatively you can reverse the direction of the current coil and face the "L" toward the source instead of the Load..This will accomplish the same thing.There still is an issue of the incorrect reporting. You can change the reporting period of the W and Accumulated W but the Current, Voltage and Power factor do not change. They remain fixed at around an 8 minute interval. Also the only reporting period that changes is the combined meter. The individual clamps do not change. This is a BIG miss and I've tried to convince Zipato to look into it but they keep telling me I'm wrong and that it must be the meter that is flawed. (I call BS) If the reporting period changes for the combined meter, and there is no separate report for Clamps 1 and 2....then this is a report ingest issue for Zipato...plain and simple.

photo

Just an update. Zipato refuses to support these Zipato labeled devices. Here is their answer on the issue

"our developers have checked data form the device and it seems as issue of the device itself - Zipato controller doesn't affect received data in any way. Since we can't help you for this issue, please close this ticket if you don't have any further question."

Leave a Comment

Attach a file