switch from zipabox 1->2

Oliver shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

Hi,

I'm an early adaptor of the system - since a couple of years my alam partition, shutters and some rules are working fine (using only 433 and z-wave systems). Now I guess I need to switch to the new app etc. to be future-proof.

What do I have to be aware if I want to switch from zipabox 1 to 2 in case of license, rules stuff etc.

Is there a plan/ document how the HW migration?

thanks for your support.

cheers

Oliver

Comments (3)

photo

Hi

if you intend to migrate form V2 to V3 then I would like to infrom you about the following:

- it is possible to transfer all real devices from V2 to V3 but all virtual devices (alarms, thermostats, rules, scenes) should be recreated on the V3

- it is not possible to transfer devices (Backup/ Restore) from Zipabox1 to Zipabox2 - Backup/ Restore is possible on the same controller types

- ZipaBox1 is not suitable for using on V3 since it is not compatible with the latest fw versions which are required for Master-Slave configuration. ZipaBox1 can be used on V3 platfrom just like a single Slave server to control its devices but without using them in the virtual devices (alarms, rules etc.)

- all licenses will be transfered from V2 to V3 - you need to submit a ticket and zipato Support team will transfer license to controller which you migrated from V2 to V3 (conroller must be added to a system on V3)

At the moment we plan to implement folowing updates which are interesting for ZipaBox1 users:

- fw version which will enable using of ZipaBox1 in the Master- Slave configuration

- functionality to transfer devices between Master and Slave servers even when both are not of the same type. In your case, it will enable Backup/ Restore procedure from ZipaBox1 to ZipaBox2

photo

Great opportunity to switch !!!

photo
photo

Thanks for info.

How about if only changing system from zp1 to zp2 and staying on v2 environment for now (and wait v3 to mature a bit more)

What are the steps to make it happen?

Thanks

photo

Hi

in that case licences can't be transfered from ZipaBox1 to ZipaBox2. To transfer all devices, you need to do it manually since Backup/ Restore is not possible between different controller types.

When new fw will be ready for ZipaBox1 it wlll be possible to use it on V2, too.

photo
photo

I operate Zipabox1 for years now and I have bought Zipabox2. However, as many of the users in a similar situation I did not dare to switch because a the restrictions described by Dino.

The new FW would be great.

Dino, when do you expect the new FW will be released. (is thee e a beta?)

photo

Hi

at the moment we don't have a planned date for the release of the new fw version for ZB1 but as soon as we will have it, I will inform you.

photo