I've upgraded my Zipabox1 firmware to version 1.3.137 Is it possible to migrate it to V3 platform now?
it is possible to use it on V3 platform as a slave server.
Excellent! Is there instructions how to do this?
The genral procedure to transfer your v2 controller to v3 is as follows:
1. Unregistered (Clear owner option) your controller in v2 platform
2. Create v3 account at https://my3.zipato.com/zipato-web/app2login - it is possible to use the same account from v2
3. Under my3.zipato account create System
4. Add server (controller) from step 1 to the System as a Master server - NOTE: Master server can be any Zipato controller but NOT ZipaBox1
5. Add another server to the system as Slave server (Multisever license is required) - optional; NOTE: Slave server can be any Zipato controller.
6. All real devices from v2 will be presented in the System
7. All virtual devices, Scenes, and rules should be re-check by user and re-created if necessary (it is not supported transfer virtual elements from v2 to v3)
8. Upgrade fw to the latest beta version
In your case, you need any other Ziapto controller to add as Master server, purchase Multiserver license and after that add ZipaBox1 as the Slave server.
If you have any problem with this, please submit a ticket and Zipato support team will help you.
So Multiserver license is required? Do I need in both devices? And in Zipabox it's only in Pro Bundle?
I use Zipabox only to connect my old x10 devices, so I'm not very interested of spending more to use them.
Multiserver license is applied to System not to controller - it means you can change servers insdide one system and license will be vlaid all the time. Multiserver license enable using up to 5 servers in one system.
I want to move from Zipabox 1 completely to Zipabox 2. My target: All devices an rules should be managed by the new one, the old one should not be necessary anymore.
Do I have to buy a Multiserver-License?
Do I have to "disconnect" all devices from Zipabox 1 and to "connect" them to the new one?
Or is the only convenient way the described one with Master-/Slave-Cofiguration?
Greetings - Willi
If you want to use Zipabox2 only, you don't need Multiserver license - you will have only 1 server in V3 system. You have to re-inlcude all devices on ZipaBox2 and after that no one deivce will not be inlcuded on Zipabox1.
Hi Dino how do i reregister my devices to the new zipabox 2 from zipabox 1.
Exclude devices or reset them, then include them to Zipabox 2.
will it be possible in the future to move devices from one controller to another? For example, from Zipabox1 to Zipabox2 to replace Zipabox1. Or will it be necessary to re-include all devices?
Replies have been locked on this page!