This object is in archive! 

problems arming the alarm in V3

Bernd shared this problem 3 years ago
Solved

Since the last update of Zipato Home I have problems in arming the alarm partition.

Doing it from my cellphone or the iPad it works. Both are with my email registered in the system.

Trying it from the cell phone of my wife, which is registered with her email, it doesn´t work. She has rights as a tenent alarm - so in my opinion it should be possible for her to activate or deactivate. The most funny thing is, that even the zipatile 2 responds that there are no privileges to arm/disarm when I try it with my pin. By the way my wife and me have the same alarm pin.

Anybody else recognized something strange with the alarm?

Regards

Bernd

Replies (2)

photo

Hello,

I would recommend that you set different PIN codes for those 2 accounts for starters so the system can differentiate which user armed/disarmed the alarm. Although your wife's account has the proper user role you most likely didn't give it permissions (arm, disarm, edit, bypass) for that specific alarm partition , which is necessary. Feel free to open a ticket and we'll take a detailed look.

Regards

photo

Hello Ivan,

I am such a bloody fool. Of course I know in general that I have to set user rights separately from the user role. But I didn´t do that. Obviously it worked before the new version as we had the same pincode. After the update the system may have linked the pincode to my wife´s user and it complained about the missing rights.

Now it works again and with two different pincodes now I know who armed / disarmed. Really an advantige compared to V2

Thanks for your hint

BR

Bernd

Leave a Comment

Attach a file