This object is in archive! 

Add new zwave device: secure inclusion fails

Steven Kinkead shared this idea 3 years ago
Completed

I'm adding a new Honeywell Zwave light switch. I've added many of these in the past, but this new one supports Zwave secure nodes. I follow the inclusion steps which ask me to entering the last 5 digits of the DSK secure code. On the front of the light switch is a DSK bar code with a 5 digit PIN printed at the bottom of the bar code, so I enter the PIN code as the last 5 digits of the DSK secure code.

Zipato reports that "secure inclusion failed" and the device may not operate as expected.

After rebooting my Zipa-mini, I decided to remove the device so I can repeat the inclusion process. But, now I am unable to remove the light switch. Zipato Control Center just shows a never ending spinning disk with "Node Removal in Progress...".

Does Zipato support secure Zwave nodes? I have used these Honeywell (a.k.a. G.E.) (a.k.a. Jasco) many times, but this is the first switch I've added that supports secure nodes.

How do I fix this?

Replies (1)

photo

Hello,

Zipamini is an older generation controller that has a Zwave chip which doesn't support the type of secure inclusion its needed for this Honeywell switch. Most devices can function correctly without secure inclusion so you can disable that feature on the Zwave module using the web ui and then include the switch unsecurely.

Regards

Leave a Comment

Attach a file