This object is in archive! 

Extending existing zipatile system

X shared this idea 2 years ago
Completed

Hello, I have situation where I have existing zipatile tablet with 40-50 devices. Some of those devices are in a distant part of house and those sensors can't be reached trough z-wave network. I want to reach those sensors by installing another zipatile at remote part of house. My plan is to add new zipatile tablet as a subsystem. My question is: how do those 2 tablets work together ? Can I see all the devices/sensors on both zipatile tablets ? Can I control let's say shutter on remote zipatile from the main zipatile tablet ? In short. Do those 2 zipatile tablets work and act as one ?

Replies (3)

photo

Hello,

The configuration you described is called a multiserver system on our v3 platform (my3.zipato.com). To set it up you'd have to purchase a multiserver license that enables you to add up to 5 Zipato controllers in a system. After that you can delete and reinclude some devices to another Zipatile if it ensures a better range or lesser signal interruption and you'll be able to control all of them via the mobile app or web ui, regardless which controller they are paired with. If you have any more questions pertaining this setup feel free to submit a ticket.

Regards

photo

After i purchase multiserver license, how do I add new zipatile ? Is there different place to add it or I still add it as a subsystem ?

photo

You just select "Add server" within the same system, like you did with your first Zipatile. Keep in mind that this works only if you register both Zipatiles on my3.zipato.com.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file