This object is in archive! 

Luminance rule not working

W. Evens shared this idea 2 years ago
Under Consideration

I want to create rule to determine sunset and sunrise via luminance sensor. But doesn't work.

After some testing I determined the luminance value of 30 to use as triggerpoint. Sunrise when value > 30 and sunset when value < 30.

In order to anticipate to execute each trigger only 1x / day, I created a virtual switch LumTriggered which will be reset at noon and at midnight.

For one or another reason, the luminance rule does not trigger.

Any idea why the rule is not triggered?

See rules attached.

Replies (5)

photo

After further research, I changed the rules. Triggering on luminance itself seems to be problematic in general.

So I changed the two rules by using the scheduler as a trigger (every 5 mins) and then check if luminance more or less than 30lux.

I also included a time frame in which sunrise and sunset should occur, otherwise rules are triggered again after LumTriggered is reset. The LumTriggered is reset everyday at 2am and 2pm (1 jrule).

photo

I would add a time delay, so that changing the lux value doesn't immediately cause a status change.

photo

Lars, you mean adding a "wait"-instruction with a few hours in the sunset and sunrise rule? Hmm... something to consider.

Although I don't see the benefit.... I prefer the time slot for now.

photo

if the lux value changes quickly due to, for example, sun and clouds, then the day night mode turn's on off on off etc. with a small delay of 40 sec or so, that is solved.

photo

I think that solution might work too.

Note that I placed the sensor in a store room behind a window. From time to time, when the room is used and light is turned on, the sensor might get value >30 in the evening (after shutters closed). So my rule will prevent to trigger the sunrise again. Only in the morning, this could trigger the sunrise too early, but to be honest, we almost never use that room in the morning :-)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file