This object is in archive! 

Tricky problem : Alexa and Roller Shutters

Nicolas Maesani shared this problem 2 years ago
Known

Hi

I have a simple use case but I don't know how to address it or if it is even possible. Maybe some smart Brain will have a solution !

How can you pilot my Roller Shutter (Somfy RTS) with Alexa (knowing "shutters" devices does not seems recognized by Alexa) ?

I have taken the below steps:

1. The shutters can be piloted with Zipato v3 from the mobile app

2. With Zipato V3 skill , Alexa discovers my devices but ...not the shutters (Is it due to Amazon restriction on not allowing shutters to be piloted with Alexa ?)

3. I figured out that I can create a virtual switch (which is discovered by Alexa) and create a Zipato rule to associate the virtual switch with the shutters (using IF Virtual Switch = ON THEN action Shutter1, Shutter 2...) . And I can use Alexa to command the Virtual Switch which will then closes the shutters....BUT only ONE TIME

Problem: It only work 1 time since the Virtual Switch will be stuck in "ON" . I need to manually turn back the Virtual Switch to "OFF' in using the Zipato mobile app. Not really useful for automation...

I am stuck. Any idea?

Replies (1)

photo

I have my fibaro roller shutters controlled by Alexa (Zipato 1 with V2 version) The only issue is that, at least in Spanish, I have to say turn on the roller shutter to open it. I activate scenes with Alexa also where my roller shutters are involved.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file