I'm encountering difficulties in registering my Zipabox.

Emma Clark shared this idea 8 months ago
Under Consideration

I'm facing issues while attempting to register my box on my.zipato.com. The recurring error message "the box is not online" is appearing, even though I've made multiple attempts.

I've gone ahead and opened both the HTTP and HTTPS ports on my router for the Zipabox's IP address, but the problem remains unresolved.

Additionally, I've taken the step to confirm that the serial number on the box matches the label accurately.

Oddly enough, I've observed that I can access the internet when I connect a laptop to the network cable on the Zipabox.

Could you kindly provide assistance in resolving this matter?

Replies (2)

photo

Certainly, it seems like you're encountering some frustrating issues with registering your Zipabox. Let's troubleshoot step by step to help you get past this problem:

1. Error Message "The Box is Not Online": Despite your multiple attempts, the error message persists. This could be due to various reasons such as network connectivity or server issues.
  2. Port Forwarding: Opening both HTTP and HTTPS ports on your router for the Zipabox's IP address is a good step. However, it's important to ensure that the ports are correctly forwarded and that any firewall settings on your router or computer aren't blocking the connection.
  3. Serial Number Verification: It's great that you've verified the serial number on the box. This confirms that you're working with the correct device.
  4. Internet Access through Network Cable: The fact that you can access the internet when connecting a laptop to the network cable on the Zipabox suggests that the cable and network connection might be fine. However, this doesn't directly address the issue of the Zipabox not registering on your website.

Here's what you can do to further troubleshoot:

• Network Connection: Make sure that your Zipabox is connected to the network correctly. Check all cables and connections, and ensure that the network settings on the Zipabox are configured accurately.
  • Router Configuration: Double-check your router's port forwarding settings. If there's a possibility of a dynamic IP address for the Zipabox, consider setting up a static IP to prevent any conflicts.
  • Server Status: It's worth checking whether the server that handles Zipabox registrations is currently operational. Sometimes, issues can arise on the server side that prevent successful registration.
  • Contact Support: If you've tried all the steps above and the issue persists, it's a good idea to reach out to the customer support of Zipabox. They might have specific insights or solutions based on your device's model and software version.
  • Firmware Update: Sometimes, firmware updates can address connectivity issues. Check if there's a firmware update available for your Zipabox model and consider applying it if applicable.

Remember that technical issues like these can sometimes be complex, so patience is key. It's also a good idea to document the steps you've taken and any error messages you've encountered, as this information can be helpful when seeking assistance from customer support or online forums.

photo

Hi,

Please open a ticket so we can check your serial.
regards

Replies have been locked on this page!