Zipabox1 alternative backend

J_A_G shared this idea 4 months ago
Under Consideration

Hi. I bought the Zipabox1 because it didn't rely on internet connection. In the end, this didn't really play out since the rule-maker and the external triggers requires zipato web. Now when v2-system is to be shut down, did any alternatives appear? I understand that the v3 is not for me, but are there any alternative backend options for a Zipabox1?

Apparently there's nothing wrong with the hardware itself, so it would be sad to discard it as junk. I wouldn't mind hostning my own backend locally, but if nobody else did the reverse engineering effort already, I suppose the threshold is high and the users still on v2 now very few. Would Zipato opensource the protocol?

Replies (7)

photo

No reply, too bad.

I also wonder why this thread wasn't showing on my account activity.

photo

Has anyone an idea to run Zipatile with another Plattform?

photo

If you're looking for alternative backends or controllers for home automation, it would depend on your specific requirements and the devices you want to integrate. Here are some popular home bts height comparison automation platforms that you might consider:

1. Home Assistant: An open-source platform that runs on various systems and has a large community. It supports a wide range of devices and has a flexible automation engine.
  2. OpenHAB: Another open-source home automation platform that is designed to be vendor-agnostic and supports a variety of devices.
  3. Domoticz: A lightweight and easy-to-use home automation system that supports a variety of devices and protocols.
  4. ioBroker: A home automation platform that integrates different systems and protocols, allowing you to control and monitor various devices in one interface.
  5. SmartThings: Samsung's smart home platform that supports a variety of devices and has a user-friendly interface.

Before choosing an alternative backend, it's essential to consider factors such as device compatibility, ease of use, community support, and any specific features you may need. Make sure to check the latest information and updates on these platforms, as the home automation landscape is continuously evolving.

photo

Hello,

I have had Zipato products for a LONG time, sadly they will never open their system to community... and I honestly think that decision will mean the eventual death of the platform.

photo

As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, there were no widely known alternative backends or open-sourcing of the protocol for Zipabox1 by Zipato. The ability to use the Zipabox1 without relying on Zipato's servers or having an alternative backend largely depends on whether Zipato has made their protocol open or if a third-party has reverse-engineered it.

Here are a few suggestions:

1. **Community Forums:**
Check Zipato community forums or other home automation forums. Sometimes, enthusiastic users or developers may have found or created alternative solutions.

2. **Contact Zipato Support:**
Reach out to Zipato's customer support directly to inquire about any plans for opening up their protocol or if they can suggest alternatives for Zipabox1 users.

3. **Third-Party Solutions:**
Look for third-party solutions that might have reverse-engineered the protocol. However, be cautious when using unofficial solutions, as they may not be officially supported or could pose security risks.

4. **Home Automation Communities:**
Explore broader home automation communities or forums. There might be users who have faced similar challenges and found creative solutions.

Please note that the information provided here is based on my last update in January 2022, and the situation might have changed since then. Always check the latest information from Zipato's official sources or community forums for the most accurate and up-to-date details.

source: https://picassoappz.org/picasso-app-not-working/

photo

DMCA ignored hosting offers flexibility for hosting controversial or copyright-sensitive content. However, users should be cautious as it doesn't ensure legal immunity and may entail risks.

Source: https://qloudhost.com/

photo

Explore alternative backend options for Zipabox1 exclusively with Nesto Offers. Discover additional platforms or systems that can serve as alternatives to the default backend for Zipabox1, providing flexibility and customization options. Evaluate features, compatibility, and integration capabilities to determine the best solution for your smart home automation needs. Trust Nesto Offers to provide insights and recommendations to help you optimize the functionality and performance of your Zipabox1 system.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file