From Fibaro to Zipato

Claus Andersen shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

Hi Zipato Community,

I've been thinking about going from Fibaro to Zipato, since it seem's to have better support for most of the devices we have in our house. The only thing that might worry me, is the lack of updates on your website. It seem's it has not been updated for quite some time (2012) and it says "Soon..." for almost all the guides. (http://www.zipato.com/default.aspx?id=45).

I would like to ask if the company still is active and the main box still will get updates in the future?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Claus

Best Answer
photo

The box gets regular updates.

I've been a user now for nearly two years and am very happy with the service.

Replies (7)

photo

We are preparing the new web site with more information available. Also, you should check out knowledge base within this community site, where you can find some tutorials as well.

photo

The box gets regular updates.

I've been a user now for nearly two years and am very happy with the service.

photo

Same here, overall very happy. One wish is that Zipato would support the coding of LUA though :)

photo

Yes, the box is regularly updated. But the OP raises a valid point. Zipato seems to have zero marketing, if you go by the web site only. My impression is that whoever did the website has left the company, and no one can be bothered to keep it updated. I mean, not even their own products can be found on the website. The enocean module, the latest power modules, the zipabox duo, the latest android zipabox... nowhere to be found. I hope this changes soon, for zipato's own good.

photo

yup!

photo

I don't know what box others are reffering to, but the web application of Zipato hasn't had an update for at least 2 months, nor has the iOS app, but the support on devices is okay in general. The iOS app is not working anymore, and tutorials are scarse. Once fully configured, the box works pretty flawless, but be prepared to improvise a little bit with the various versions of the user interface to find all features.

Oh, and when posting a remark on the support community, they will constantly tell you it will be fixed in the next update, which due this week. It seems that weeks last much longer in the Eastern part of Europe than in the West ...

photo

- Zipato box supports really a lot of other products, which was one of the reasons to buy it

- support team from Zipato reacting quickly if you have some problems

- instructions are sparse or nowhere to find

- some things works in the old dashboard, some in new

- there's no official price list for sms & call supports

- they promise a lot, but the reality is different

- web site is outdated

- most used words on forum are: Known & Under Consideration

- IOS app Is in development for so long that I had to buy an android (:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you read this, you are probably asking why I insist ... because I still hope

that the boys wake up in a short time and change all this bad things.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file