Stacking AND and OR vertically in the Rule generator please

Marcus Khoo shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

When using AND and OR operators, can you make it so that they are stacked VERTICALLY instead of horizontally.

When I create a really complex condition, I do not have a wide enough screen to see it correctly!

Thanks

Replies (6)

photo

Totaly suport this.

photo

This is how it could look:

And if you press the black aero you can drag how many diamonds you want down!?

In a PLC you can make function block with 100 "and" and "or" states that set a output.

There is lots of ways to keep the diamond shaped functions blocks so it does not take a lot of space.

Al space in al applications on a screen should be considered if it is useful and not confusing.

photo

Actually all we would need is a new vertically stacking "AND" puzzle piece and a new vertically stacking "OR" puzzle piece. For consistency, I'd put the label "AND" in the middle of the puzzle piece instead of at the top with diamond placeholders above and below the label ;)

photo

Especially important since I can't find any horizontal scrolling whatsoever so long conditions are a nightmare

/Marcus

photo

I would also add to this that maybe all that screen space that is taken up by the borders of "blocks" is better needed for something else.

photo

+1 Fredrik Karlsson

Leave a Comment

Attach a file