Zwave Motion Sensors fail to show up in Rules Creator

Joe Jenkins shared this problem 8 years ago
Known

I have successfully added two Zwave motion + temp sensors into my device manager. I can see them working fine in device browser - reporting both temp and motion state back to Zipato. I cannot however access any of their sensory states / levels from the rules creator. The sensors don't show up at all under any category. I have checked and rechecked everything multiple times. The devices are enabled and not set to hidden from device browser or rules creator.

What else should I check?

Thanks.

Replies (1)

photo

Update - I discovered that I needed to configure the "Root Device" under the "Unknown Generic Zwave Device" listing in the Device Manager. I had to rename the root device (giving it a meaningful name) and then make sure it was displayed and set as a motion sensor. The device in question is a Z-Wave GoControl WAPIRZ-1. I also had several window / door magnetic sensors (Z-Wave) that had the same problem, model number WADWAZ-1

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GoControl-Essentials-DIY-Home-Security-Kit-Z-Wave-and-Wink-Enabled-WNK01-21KIT/205785795

Leave a Comment

Attach a file