Mesh Network Rebuild

Nathan shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

My understanding is that the Z-Wave network is built as devices are added and once they are added the "route" the commands take from one device to another is then static and doesn't change. Is there a way, as I add more devices and expand the network, to force the Zipato to rebuild the network?

For example, I might have a device at the outer range of the network that after adding more devices would get a stronger signal?

Is this possible? I found some buttons like "Network Heal" and "Start Learn Mode", but I'm not sure what function they serve.

Replies (4)

photo

That's exactly what I wanted. Thank you very much.

photo

I went ahead and ran the rebuild and it went through everything except the last section that says "Non Routing Nodes - Started". Everything else says Done, where as the Non Routing Nodes has said "Starting" for the last 10 - 15 minutes.

photo

It will report all the "non routing nodes" discovered during the period when the "Network Heal" is running (until you press stop). You can try to activate a sensor such as a door/window sensor and to see if it is reported or not in the listing.

photo

I think non routing Nodes may not always communicate two way as they are battery operated and their communication periods vary depending on your setup.

photo
photo

On my side, I am a but puzzled by the fact that all my devices with routing capabilities are not listed by the "Network Heal" even if they are working fine. They should be actually all listed in direct or indirect section...

Leave a Comment

Attach a file