This object is in archive! 

KNX project export / import

Valdas shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

Hi,

need some support regarding KNX integration. Zipato KNX import tool requires file with extension *.knxproj, however ETS software I have (ETS3) can export project with *.pr5; *.pr4; *.pr3 extensions only. Can’t find how to import my project into zipato environment, guess should be simple solution how to overcome this problem, but I can’t find it by myself.

If anybody knows how to export / import KNX data points into Zipato system, will appreciate your support very much.

thank you in advance

Valdas

Replies (10)

photo

Valdas.

I am now struggling with the same problem. Did you found out anything?

photo

Hi Egil,

Export / import procedure is really simple, just ETS3 doesn't support *.knxproj file type, so ETS4 or ETS5 is needed. When knxproj file is available, then it can be imported by tool available on Zipato website (just open it and then copy - paste data to myzipato).

But I have bad news - interface between Zipato and KNX implemented badly, I spent lot of time and give up. Nothing helps, marketing looks promising, but in reality it doesn't work at all.

photo

What doesnt work?

photo

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Helvetica; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}

span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

Zipato-KNX communication chain looks quite complicated - from your device (let's say PC via myzipato or Zipato app) command / data should go to the Zipato servers, then back to the Zipabox and via extension module to the KNX network. At the moment I’m sure that communication between Zipato KNX extension module and KNX network is working (can see it from KNX side via ETS), link between myzipato dashboard and Zipabox is OK, however none “KNX” data / signal can travel full path, i.e. from your virtual KNX control device on myzipato dashboard to the real KNX network or via versa. Couple year ago, when I started my KNX-Zipato project, it worked somehow, but some time later something happened and it doesn’t functioning at all. Tried to resolve problems involving zipato support team, but unsuccessfully. No clear answer, just promises to fix problems on Zipato servers / zipabox firmware, but years passed and no progress. I have no hopes anymore, the whole system lack maturity and attention from developer side.

photo

I only use on/off and dimmer some light and that works from app and pc.

photo

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Helvetica; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}

span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

Thanks for good news, you are first person who tells that Zipato-KNX functioning. Will try to implement simple on/off device once again and to see how it works.

photo

KNX interface has been upgraded few times recently. Now both Zipabox and Zipatile have a support for KINX IP gateways. This means that you can connect for example Zipatile to standard KNX IP gateway and communicate between Zipato and KNX. Configuration process is also simplified as much as possible, and we will publish the new configuration wizard for KNX network next week. Furthermore, most of data points types are supported.

photo

I consider one of the most important skills to be the ability to quickly find the necessary and high-quality information. For example, I use ready-made stock photos, cozy home images https://depositphotos.com/photos/cozy-home.html to create creative presentations. Photobank Depositphotos offers a huge selection of stock photos of any genre and on any topic. Here you will always find pictures for the website, social networks, marketing materials and any other tasks.

photo
photo

Hi Sebastian, could you elaborate a little bit more about KNX IP gateway. I see such option on my.zipato when adding KNX device, however for the time being it doesn't work for me. I created KNXIP network, as far as I understand HOST means IP address of my KNX/IP interface and PORT means port on KNC/IP interface. Can add KNX device, but even simple on/off swich doesn't functioning (no communication with real KNX bus).

The same story with previous type of KNX devices - can add it via device manager, but it exist only virtually, no real interface with real KNX device. Is it possible that there is some issues with my router (port mapping, etc.)? I can't understand why link between my.zipato (or Zipato app on Android or iOS) can't be established with KNX bus. Looks like some people don't experience such problems, but for me it is nighmare, nothing helps to overcome this problem.

photo

We will publish a short video tutorial about setting up KNX over IP connection.

It is important that you have KNX IP gateway for using KNX IP connection. You should set up both KNX IP gateway and Zipato in order to get them work together. Afterwards, you have to export the configuration from ETS and import it by using ADD NEW DEVICE WIZARD (no additional import tool is needed). Then you configure your data points in the wizard form, and you should be able to use the connection as soon as you save and synchronize the new configuration.

photo

Do you have any news regarding the KNX over IP video turorial?

photo
photo

Looking forwarded to it. Does this mean that the Zipato KNX-module will be obsolete?

The manual following the the KNX module was referring to which appear to be the old Zipabox Control Center (I'm new to the Zipabox) and not the Control Center I'm used to, which was kind of frustrating. I did not find anywere to paste the configuration from import tool.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file