Garage Door Opener

Nathan shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

Does anyone control their garage door with the Zipato? I purchased a Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Door Opener, but it's not supported.

I'd like something similar that includes a tilt sensor so I know if the door is up or down.

Replies (11)

photo

I'm using a itl 1000 potential free relay with a magnetic sensor to show me if it's open or closed.

photo

Maybe you can try a Fibaro Binary Switch and put it direct to the Garage Door Motor?

photo

The Fibaro Binary Switch has no rely outputs you can control.

only inputs.

photo

Have a look at this one:

http://aeotec.com/z-wave-garage-door-controller

I get one next week. But i don't have a garage.....But shall test it.

photo

Not yet reseased. HeroS, we all know that any not yet released Aeotec product can take even years to get released. Typical sample is the smart film. it is now "available soon" for years...

photo

Yup, you are right. But this one is ready and in production.

photo
photo

Hey HeroS,

you can send me one to :-D i have one

Helle

photo

Maybe. Do you have other controllers beside the Zipabox?

photo

No, iam only using Zipabox.

U have some others?

photo

Yup, BeNext, HomeWizard, Fibaro HC2, Zipabox, Zipamina, ZipaTablet, DiO, NetiChome and Vera Edge :)

But i use the Zipabox as my main system .

photo

:-D I saw it.....awesome.....!! Great work!

What you think about Fibaro?

photo

A bit of topic. But....

The Fibaro is nice and has the same options as the Zipabox. But it's way to expensive. Both have + and -. And are both very good.

I'm going to make a comparison between all the controllers i have.

photo

Great! A good budy does it already on siio.de but he´s addicted to Fibaro :-)

photo

I only have a veralite and Fibaro lite, HeroS your wife must love you. I am bad enough with just three, removing and adding and changing things all the time. Although to be honest I have gone of vera lately. Fibaro is simple and pretty but as I do not like to write lulu code I stick with the zipabox. Can't wait for your comparison. PS love your blog.

photo

Thanks!

My wife loves my if it works :)

You also got block programming in the HC2. I think the HC2 has the best way to make rules. Noob, Pro and Nerd way.

photo
photo

I'll be more than happy to test it for you. :)

photo

Any plans on adding support for Linear?

There is more broken or non working sensors/actuators every day....Guys, come on

photo

HeroS. How is Netichome.com reliability? I made presentation today to some house developers and they are interested.I was offered to get a system for the showcase for around 2k. I love my zipabox, but...later on after the meeting was done I met a friend. We started talking and I showed the app. I told :here you can set the thermostat, here I switch the Lava lamp and as you can see in 2 seconds it will show the consumption... But it didn't, the whole thing was not working...this was the 2ND time in 2 days, when for no reason the box stopped connecting to the server.my problem is that if I install zipabox in the showroom and it stops working...the developer tells me to get rid of this toy... I cannot fail with the showroom...is Netichome.com better in terms of reliability? If Goap.si is having 70-80 electrical installers in Slovenia, it must work...as we all know, until 1.0 is released we all are a beta testers. I don't mind, but cannot put beta in a showroom. Cannot fail. This is my 1St chance to start with a true success. What is your opinion? The sensors are terrific and great value for money. But the box seems not to be there for 100% commercial purpose in house development.

photo

The NetiChome...don't buy it. It sucks and uses old technology. It is like a vera 1 :)

Zipabox is the best out there if they get it running stabilized. Fibaro hc2 is also great but expensive.

photo

Hi HeroS. Not sure if you are aware, but the new netic (i have one at

home) is basically vera edge, even the shell is the same, just painted

white.

The main question is reliability...Im not interested in HC2, too expensive.

What do you think?

photo

Did not know there is a new one. I'm talking about this one:

http://www.domotica-blog.nl/post/review-netichome-controller

I'm not using the Vera Edge full time but i'm reading a lot of forums. And yes there are some problems but overall it seems to be stabiel.

The problem with the Edge that is doesn't have block programmering. You either got a simpel ifttt or LUA.

photo

We, I know I saw your post. On the other end the edge supports plugins and there are a few very useful ones. I can connect my Onkyo receiver via the plugin.

Overall I need to install the most stable controller to the showroom and this is why I was considering the new netic. To be honest I already got used to Zipa, and like it, but yet too many bugs. Like yesterday. I need to raise a ticket as my heating stopped wotking. For some unknown reason the vitrual thermostat switches to off mode instead of heating. Every time I change the mode back to heating after a while it switches back to off. I arrived to home yesterday (it was cold). Saw that the mode was off for no reason. I changed the thermostat to heating and in the morning it was off again. (obviously it was cold again). It was working for 3 months with no issues (and obviously i did not need the heating to work before as it was summer).

photo
photo

I agree, having similar issues here. One moment it is fine, next people are calling saying they have issues. Reliability is key. Even the app, for instance a month ago I had Osram Lightify TW globes working fine, now there is no function to change the white spectrum, only dim. Yes they have fixed this with the new beta app, but this is not available to people who I have already recommend this to and have them installed.

photo

My Customer Experience is, that if no one is playing around the hole day on the box, its very stable.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file