Siemes and Elkato enOcean switches doesnt pair or if pair doesnt work.

Jari Laru shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

I have bought both Siemes and Elkato enOcean switches. I thought that enOcean is simple protocol and it should be get running very very easily. NO.

I have several issues: (I have opened months ago also ticket, but its still open):

-- Pairing is random: sometimes Eltako switches are recognized, sometimes not. Siemes switches are little bit better

-- Only dualpad Siemes switch has really worked after succesfull pairing, Eltako products doesnt work actually at all..

ZIpato guys promised over month ago that they will overhaul their enOcean support in one week. Well, they didint spesify year.

When I was considering to buy this Zipato box I was warned by one Zipato owner that support is very weak and some parts of the product are still experimental.However, I had already Micasa Vera Lite and therefore I knew what to expect..

What I suggest is a) fix Enocean support and b) stop selling extensions if you dont have decent software support for extensions.

Replies (3)

photo

I have NodOn enocean switch, contact sensor, temperature sensor and they have worked flawlessly since day one. Actually the only devices I have never had any issues with what so ever. Sometimes the switch does not work on first press, probably not enough power to transmit with one push.

Maybe it is the Eltako products that are the problem. Try issuing you ticket again, just input your ticket number into the header of a new ticket. Support is pretty good from Zipato I have found, maybe it takes a few days for them to sort the issue out, but generally pretty good. Better than my previous support dramas with MiCasa, though this may have changed recently too.

photo

Main problem is that Zipato Box doesn't have appropriate debugging tools. I don't know do I have faulty enOcean module or where the problem is.

photo

I got unreleased beta firmware from Zipato guys. It has re-designed enOcean suppport. WOW. Now everything works very well.

Inclusion/pairing phase wasn't working in earlier fw with all makers, but now its re-designed so that also some manual control can be done during the installation (EEP profiles). It helped me. Great and thanks!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file