Action on arming alarm

Steve Cooper shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

Hi all,

I have a rule that simply has WHEN HOME ALARM ARM, send an email and it works. If I put in an action before sending the email to set my home climate to 'OFF', I do not get an email? I does seem to set the heating to 'disabled=true' though.

A similar rule that starts WHEN HOME ALARM DISARM works fine with multiple steps in - sets heating to AUTO and emails me.

Also, there's only the option for 'ARM' on the sensor, not ARM HOME or ARM AWAY - should I see both?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Steve

Replies (3)

photo

You should see both arm home and arm away in the rule creator action box. Try adding another alarm partition and see if you have the same issue. Do you have the quick arm feture enavled?

photo

For an Action I get both arm home and arm away but not on a sensor? I do have quick arm enabled.

photo

yes that is right for the sensor you have arm, disarm, any or tripped. This is because a partitiion is either armed or not armed. An armed home setting will arm different partitions to a arm away setting. But the individual partitions themselves are either armed or disarmed. I hope this helps and you undersand my definition.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file