This object is in archive! 

Rules as code and automated tests (Java/groovy/ruby)

Øyvind M. Asbjørnsen shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

Being a developer I'm used to express my self in code, and to write automated tests to verify my logic. With that background I find the drag-and-drop UI of the rules creator pretty cumbersome. And another thing with the rules creator is that I never know if my rules works until the actual events happens. For time/date-based events it can take quite some time to have the rules verified.

Is it possible to write my rules in code and upload them through the API?

Has any one made a DSL/API for this?

Are you planning any features that enables (automated)testing of the rules?

Please share any thoughts you might have:-)

Replies (2)

photo

I too am a professional and would like the ability to easily upload routines and scenes. There appears to be an offical REST API, but I have not had chance to test this out as my focus is currently elsewhere

https://my.zipato.com/zipato-web/api/

photo

I agree it would be great to upload code. It would be much faster to develop rules... unfortunately it is not the direction Zipato is taking....

Also, a tool to trigger rules from the webGUI would be absolutely necessary, as well as a debugging tool...

In the early versions of Zipato, there was a kind of hidden keyboard manipulation to open a window in which we could see the code of a rule generated by the drag-and-drop rule creator. I could not find this feature again, they must have removed it...

too bad, it was useful. this way I could identify bugs in code more rapidly)

photo

CTRL+ALT+Shift+1!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file