This object is in archive! 

Meter not appearing correctly in rule creator

David Pritchard shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

I have a CO2 meter which appears just fine in the Device Browser, but doesn't show me the CO2 level in the rule creator. In the Device Manager you can see that there is a "multilevel sensor" with 2 sub-devices, something called "OnOffInput" (I don't know what that is), with no attributes, and the sensor itself, with the CO2 value as its sole attribute. In the rule creator, the meter device which appears is the multilevel sensor, and it has "no attributes". It seems as if the rule creator is only seeing the "OnOffInput" and ignoring the CO2 sensor.

Does anybody understand this/have a way to fix it?

I wondered if it might be something as stupid as the alphabetical order of the sub-devices, so I changed the name of the CO2 sensor so that it came first, but that didn't really help much (although it did cause the icon of the device in the rule creator to change). I've also played around with the "hide in rule creator" setting, to no avail.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello David,

the device is not supported and only has a generic Zwave descriptor so it has a limited functionality.

Please open a Ticket on support.zipato.com and send us the exact model of the problematic device and please make sure it remains joined on your Zipabox.

Regards

photo

Hi Hrvoje,

OK ticket created. I've given some details of the device and its supported Z-Wave classes from the manual.

It's a Siegenia Sensoair CO2 monitor.

Thanks.

photo

Update: after much to-ing and fro-ing with Zipato support, I now have the CO2 level appearing in the rule creator. Unfortunately I've lost the number in the Device Browser (although the graph works). Oddly, in the mobile app, the number is shown. In the web app you just see "sensor.state.false"

Leave a Comment

Attach a file