This object is in archive! 

Honeywell Evohome

Jon S shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

Hi,

I have a Honeywell Evohome system for my heating control, i really think its one of if not the best on the market especially for the price, is there any chance you could add support for it, they have a 3rd party appi and its well documented (see attached).

This really would be an awesome addition to your system.

Many thanks,

Jon

Replies (7)

photo

I second that.

I have a multiple zone Honeywell evohome heating system and if it is possible to integrate the evohome in the zipatile I would buy it in a heartbeat.

photo

Are they complement to each other?

Do I need EvoHome if I have Zipato installed? Or is Zipato able to provide same features in heating management as EvoHome?

Attila

photo

Zipato is surely more flexible than Honeywell. You can easily create multiple zones and you can also include these in rules.

photo

Attila Hajdu: tudunk elérhetőségeket cserélni? kíváncsi lennék a tapasztalataidra.

photo

Perszehogy info@zipatohome.sk

photo

Hello, has anyone succedded on the integration of the Honeywell Evohome with Zipato? Looks like there is an API for these kind of things: https://media.readthedocs.org/pdf/evohome-client/latest/evohome-client.pdf

photo

This is sort of possible, you have zipato voice assistant (Alexa under the covers), link your evohome account to Alexa now you can control and get temperature updates by voice.

There is no official api for evohome unfortunatey

photo

Thank you Adrian. It is a pity it cannot be integrated directly into Zipato. Regarding Alexa, it is a good point. I am waiting for Alexa to speak Spanish (or Zipato integration with Google or Apple voice assistants), because otherwise some local functionalities are lost... And of course the language! Thanks Adrian for your answer!

photo

I know how you feel. Not really in Zipato’s control, closed nature of evohome unfortunately.

There is one other way for you to wire up pushing requests for heating changes but really not great, as you wouldn’t get feedback on the UI of current temperature- us webhooks in IFTTT on the evohome app channel. Create a virtual thermostat, setup rules for each thermostat against pre created web hooks and that would allow updates from the UI out to evohome cloud service.

The other really painful way to sort this out would be to create a home assistant setup, then a simple web server to receive and push updates to and from it, as they have a working evohome plugin. It’s all restful but http requests in zipatile cannot handle Json parsing. Else we’d be in business now.

photo

Hi Adrian! I will give a try to Popp/Danfoss z-wave valves together with Zipato (Tile). I would like the heating system integrated into my domotic center

photo

You’ll be in a good place with danfoss and zipatile it will come together nicely

photo

Thank you Adrian,

I was asking here https://community.zipato.com/topic/help-with-the-set-up-of-a-virtual-thermostat-with-2-radiators-valves for help configuring virtual thermostat with these valves. Maybe you could help by sending an screenshot of this config or an explanation. Thanks in advance!!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file