This object is in archive! 

Zipatile with Zigbee - Delay Information

Christoph Krieger shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

For all of you who were looking forward to get the Zipatile this week after months of promising, Zipato said in a casual Facebook comment, that the version with ZigBee will at least take one more month to release. Zipato never said a word about that!

1. https://www.facebook.com/plugins/comment_embed.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FZipato%2Fposts%2F1304785229536943%3Fcomment_id%3D1304944732854326%26reply_comment_id%3D1306442102704589&include_parent=true

And we all know what that means! It can be fall when it releases!

Best Greetings.

An angy customer!

Replies (22)

photo

Can someone at Zipato officially confirm if there will be a delay? If so, why? When will we be getting a Zigbee/Zipatile?

photo

It is also stated on the Zipato site: "Delivery by end of May, 2016"

https://www.zipato.com/product/zipatile-zbee

photo

Maybe now! But not at the time of ordering!

photo

Production of Zipatile with Zigbee has been scheduled after the production of Z-wave only version is finished. Since we are shipping now Z-wave only version, we are starting the production of the Zigbee/Z-wave version now. Additionally, due to the multiple radios inside, we had some small modification on PCB which will cause additional delay, and we are currently planing to have it done by the end of May, or beginning of June at latest.

Since this is a complex device, delays like this are possible but we will keep you updated on our web pages all the time.

Anyway, if this is too much waiting for someone, we are ready to refund the payment immediately upon the official request.

photo

Sebastian, many thanks for the detailed information. Please keep us updated of any new developments through the website.

photo

My dealer just told me that the Zipatile with ZigBee will be at least delayed to end of June or the beginning of July.

Great News.

I make an guess. It will be August when shipping starts.

photo

maybe try swapping to a z-wave one and get a refund for the extra. The zigbee variety is a very exciting device, especially with the zigbee and enocean and thread alliance coming board.

photo

I swapped yesterday as I do not need Zigbee by now, but it would have been good to have the option for future projects.

I still can not understand how the Zipato scheduling works.

When my company announces products then you can buy them at the time that they are promised or even earlier.

And these products are a much more complex products than Zipatile. In comparison Zipatile is a potato.

photo
photo

Unfortunately, we have recently found some issue with the antenna design in Z-wave/Zigbee model. Nothing complicated but we had to redesign the PCB slightly and postpone the production. Delivery is expected to be by the end of June.

Please take our apologise for the delay. We are doing everything we can to finish it asap.

photo

i do appreciate that you're keeping the buyers of this particular model up to date on a projected shipping date. i'd rather have a fully functional model then one i'd have to keep sending back for mods..

Definitely looking forward to the soon to be releases cluster license too!! just a matter of waiting.

thanks!

photo
photo

Any updates according shipping/delivery?

photo

Zipatiles with both Zigbee and Z-wave will be available around June 25th.

photo

Sebastian, now that we are approaching Jun 25th, could you please confirm shipping/delivery of Zigbee/Zwave Zipatiles?

Many thanks

photo
photo

Sebastian??

Shall I take your silence as confirmation of another delay?

photo

>>Hello Claas,

First of all, thank you for your support of Zipato.

Unfortunately we had delay with first version of ZipaTile Z-wave only, and now this delay also transferred to delivery of your version of ZipaTile Z-wave + ZigBee.

We are doing our best to push delivery date for Z-wave + ZigBee version, at the moment expected time of delivery would be at beginning of July.

As soon as your order will be ready our logistic will provide you with tracking number.

Best regards<<

photo

Thanks!

photo

heres a screenshot of the email i got the 29th

photo
photo

Any news on delivery date for Zipatile with zigbee?

photo

i added a screenshot of the email i got on the 29th from zipato

photo

thx Matthew

photo
photo

anybody hear any updates this week on the zipatile + zigbee yet??

photo

Got an email yesterday. Very similar but with other Dates. I asked for a confrontation of the date because of the mails with the same text and other dates, but I got no reply until now.

Here is the content of the email:

production of Zipatile with Z-wave and Zigbee modules will finish by Sunday, and our Chinese factory will ship them by air to us. As soon as we get them (regularly about 3-5 days), we will ship them out to all customers which are waiting for back orders.

We apologize for this long delay in production process. We have already prepared an additional Z-wave device which we gonna ship with your Zipatile as a free gift.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Vesel | Sales Engineer

photo

dont expect it until the end of the month. just got an email back that their was "another" delay and it wont be shipped till the end of the month. heres what they said in the email:

Hello Matthew,

We are sorry, delivery of Zipatile is delayed again. We are doing our best to finish our new product, delivery should start at the end of this month.

As soon as we start shipping our logistic will provide you with tracking number.

Please take our apologies regarding this delay.

Best regards,

Jan

photo

i know this is annoying, and I am currently under going getting z-wave switches manufactured so I can sympathize with Zipato that things never go to plan. Ive had delays of 6 months thus far. Please be patient, I think it will be worth the wait and you need them to get it right.

photo
photo

Has anyone already received the Zipatile.

I have not ordered directly at Zipato but at a web shop and I would like to know the actual btatus but get not Feedback from them.

photo

I did.

Quite happy with the product so far.

photo

i have the model with zigbee along with my existing zipabox in a cluster and love it. with any new products theres always going to issues, but zipato is quick to address them and fix them when needed. coudlnt be anymore happy with its performance and ablitiies

photo

Hi Zipato. I have a question in regards to the Zipatile with Zigbee models. I have ordered one for an installation from Zwaveeurope (together with other brand products). They have received the zipatiles, however told me that they tested 2 zipatiles and both were having problems with crashing (apparently software issue). Zwaveeurope told me that they will not send out any zipatile until this issue is resolved. Can you let me know any update on this?

photo

Hi Atilla,

in order to check it out their story, I went personally to see these two "crashing" Zipatiles. And I have soon realized that when testing these 2 Zipatiles, guys from Z-wave europe were not even logged in to these Zipatiles, but to their Zipabox which they had on the same account. Of course, pairing didn't work since they were activating pairing on the wrong box.

Furthermore, since Zipatiles were not even connected to the cloud, they were restarting every 5 minutes, as this is an option which is set by default in configuration settings.

I don't know how someone incapable to login to the right controller can communicate things like that, but I know that Z-wave europe is not selling only Zipatile controller, but other controllers as well. Also, they have their own controller which is actually a Phillio controller modified by them, and I guess they said that one works perfectly;-)

Anyway, Zipatiles with Zigbee are available and we are selling them.

photo

Hi Sebastian. I know a few stories with Zwave europe. About 5 months ago they have sent out warning emails to all partners in order to confirm that in an independent test the qubino modules are not safe and can risk fire. Apparently this independent test was paid by them...interesting...obviously they are promoting Fibaro everywhere and this was not a nice move from them...

I shall get in touch with them and get this going.

photo

duplicate post

photo

Sebastian, believe it or not but after your post 1 hr later I received an email from sales in Zwaveeurope that there is still no solution. I have responded with some of your comments and also called him to enforce to send me the goods as this is not the right approach. It appears that their technical team simply did not see your video and hence were not setting up the zipatile in the right order...I had the same with my zipatile as there were no videos 5 months ago...

photo
photo

I have ordered via intellihome.be and they told me the do not get any Feedback from Zipato regarding the delivery Status. Better not to get it if it´s not working properly, but nevertheless I would be quite happy to hold it in my hands after waiting so long. In addition wi´th the cluster issues this is more than disappointing, but I decided to give Zipato a last chance with the Zipatile.

photo

my cluster has been amazing. its had its issues, but as with anything as complex and new as the cluster is. the coding that has gone into making it work is quite complex as to what theyve accomplished. again, nothing has crippled my zipatile to the point of inoperable yet. ive been reading the forums for quite some time and many users have stated from prior experience with other z-wave company's customer support, that on numerous occasions zipato has always been very fast to respond to their issues' and bugs, compared to other manufactures.

i cant say ive never had issues, but from my personal experience, they are quick to acknowledge and fix the issue. i also have had one on one skype conversations when setting up my zipatile due to registering issues. i am very happy with my overall experience of zipato and their attentive toward their customers.

photo
photo

Is the Zipatile with Zigbee available now? Zipabox store states 29.12.16, but no store seems to have it in stock. I have pre-ordered the Zipatile in April last year. Maybe there will be a one year aniversary for the open order? Hope not!

photo

Yep, you are correct. I can only imagine that they have encountered another delay like before. This is the only thing that makes sense. Surely it should be available within a month.

photo

Hello !! I managed to get one from 'importing Italian GBC !!

One of the few remaining pieces !!

But there are several hardware revisions? I would not have spent 400 euros for an old product !!

My Zipatile shows the following pattern on the package "zt.zweuzbee.g"

Thank you

Max

photo

Hi, any update? January just passed by ......

photo

Hi, no reaction / feedback/ new information about the delivery status of the Zipatile ... this is quite annoying.

So I decided to cancel my order (made 10 month ago !) at Intellihome today. I will wait and see what kind of controllers will come up in the near future. Its 300.- € for the Zipatile and 2x 100.- € for the cluster function I have saved for now. The money I can now spend in a new system if needed. Until then I stay with my ZipaBox.

Regards,

Oliver

photo

Pity. We just got them last week:-(

photo

... but still not available.

photo

which dealer?

photo

It was Intellihome I thought, but now I see it is available. Sorry, my mistake.

As they still did not send the Money back I might take the Zipatile ......

photo

Update: You can order it at Intellihome. but it is still not available there. Quite confusing .....

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file