Zipato IP camera - snapshot as attachment to e-mail (how to do)

Mel shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Using Rules, I have attempted to attach a snapshot to my e-mail using the Action Block (Sent Message) and the Insert Attachment for a snapshot using the Zipato IP camera. The message goes to e-mail but the attached snapshot does not. What am I not doing that I should do to get the attached snapshot to carry over to the e-mail.

Replies (7)

photo

I think you do everything right. For me it is also not working, but worked in the past. probably it is just bugy.

photo

It's working by me, but only if the Zipato servers are up and that is almost never.

photo

Zipato servers are up 99.9% of time.

photo

That's right. Otherwise we would have no videostreams, but they are reliable!

Must have other reasons... Sometimes it is working, sometimes not. Unfortunately you can not count on getting a picture.

In my case also most of the thumbnails on the dashboard are empty. Perhaps there is a connection.

photo

No they are not 99%up, when you can not sync your settings (when the servers are down) you never get a snapshot in the mail.

This is the reason that i sold the Zipabox, now i have a Fibaro and i always get a snapshot.

photo
photo

Not working for me too. Email sent but no screenshot. Version: 1.0.17

Snapshots from camera can be seen with no problem in the interfaces.

photo

Not working for me all the time, looks like it works only sometimes.

photo

Dear Zipato Friends

its not working for me either.

However, i have opened a ticket and the Zipato team is working on it already.

Looking forward and thanks for the team to always answer on the requests set via the official support tickets.

Tino

photo

Thanks Tino for digging. I don't know if it is related but for my webcam the snapshot picture is not shown in the interface. Videos work perfect.

photo

Hi, did you find solution how to attach picture to mail? For me this add was working 5 months and now doesn't work.

Tnx.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file