This object is in archive! 

Boot/Shutdown PS4 or a FireTV with Zipato?

Christoph shared this idea 7 years ago
Under Consideration

Hi guys,

I'm using my zipato smart home system also to run my home cinema: starting the projector, the receiver, shut down the lights and rolling out the motor screen. Everything fine :).

But: my two players are a Amazon FireTV and a Playstation 4. Is there any possibiltiy to control them through the Zipato System? For starters it would be okay if both devices could be started/wakes up and shut down/sleep (FireTV).

Any ideas? :)

KlyX

Replies (2)

photo

Both devices use bluetooth only so IR is out, your best bet is to use the lan ports on the devices, not wifi, then you can send a WOL packet to it.

photo

What about using the ir of the videoprojector and a HDMI-CEC signal to the PS4? If the videoprojector is supporting HDMI-CEC...

photo

yes or the reciever

photo

another reason why logitech harmony support would be good. It would be very handy to be able to use a harmony elite and activate macros via the zipabox.

photo

Sounds interresting with the receiver. Need to find out if my Onkyo HT-S5805 supports HDMI-CEC. That would be a good workaround.

I had a "old" harmony and thought abouth switching to a newer model with BT-Support. I didn't as I want to control most of my stuff through Zipabox (mostly the IR commands for the receiver and the beamer). So, no more harmony :D

photo

I'm still with PS3 and use the IR2BTci, but to my knowledge its not working with PS4

photo

yes, the Onkyo HT-S5805 supports HDMI-CEC

photo

I did activate CEC on my Onkyo and later also on my projector... Is there anything else I need to do? As both were not able to start the PS4. And the other way round as well not (starting PS4 to activate Projector and/or Receiver). And yes, I was on the right channel on my receiver ;).

What did I do wrong? :D

photo

You also need to turn it on on PS4 (http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/devicelink.html), but based on my experience every manufacturer seems to have their own version of HDMI-CEC and they often don't work well together, so good luck :)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file