This object is in archive! 

Constant problem of integrating devices?

Jacob Wiqvist shared this problem 7 years ago
Known

What is the problem with the Z-Wave?

Zipato seems to constantly have problems with the integration of units, same with other boxes, according to my colleague. No shadow should fall on Zipato!

But.....

I'm a little disappointed right now:

Why, Zipato do not want to solve a problem with the units that I have. I find it constantly feels like Zipato adding devices, but never completely. There is always something missing. Any parameter, any function. Unless it is Sonos it is Philips, Nexa, Fibaro, Aeotec or Qubino.

I have long been on the hunt for a switch that can fit with Schnider exacct series. First I bought a lot of Nexa WTE 2 switches, these Zipato failed to get to work. In the end I bought Schniders own Z-Wave switch for approx 90 euros.

Ivan Zipato has explained to me that it is too much work to solve, but in my world it seems so with all devices?

Issue 1 is:

Bouf Blinds does not works with a particular function that should be easy to solve.

If I send the curtain to 80% with the app, but in the meantime, I would want to pull up the curtain, no stop command is sent. The curtain will continue until it reaches 80%, then I can send it the upp command.

The same gos for the webb UI.

I would also add that it is a 433 MHz device that can not provide feedback to the system. But Zipato still have managed to fix so that the system knows how many percent curtain is through a counter. That is, if I send "Down" command, and then press the stop command when the curtain is in the middle, Zipabox know that it is at 50%.

Therefore I do not understand why it is so difficult to send a stop command, and that the box knows where the curtain is through the counter?

Another device that is not working properly? Then I have not even started with Philips Hue! I try to be patient and wait but there are so many devices that do not work as they should. Just watch the forum! They have not presented a list of compatible devices years after they launched Zipabox. Why. I think this subject responds to it.

I understand that it is not easy and that Zipato can not put how much time whatsoever to get the devices working.

Sorry for my anger, but I really want to make things work. I dare not buy units otherwise.

Replies (12)

photo

I feel so sorry for you.

I can also NOT use half of my devices as they just do not work with Zipato and the support is promising and postpone and promising and promising ...

photo

10 month I posted this: https://community.zipato.com/topic/simplest-thing-you-can-do-right-switch

The topic is still valid.

Why can not every z-wave switch have this functionality. Zipabox can sens if a switch is short pressed, or pressed and hold. And zipabox and the user should be abel to use this functionality better?

Sory for this rant:

But I am real frustrated.... and it is not rocket science, it is a switch????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05PKa-URtuY

I can't refer exactly what Ivan told me because he have explained this as good as he could and the implementing this would require them too use resources away from Zipatile. But in my world this is basic future.

I surgester this option should be possible for all switches in Zipabox. But according to Ivan it will take to much time.

Vote if you think this is a basic button function.

photo

This is how it could look on all devices. Then a numer you can set after the cycle command between 1 and 10. And the system know if you have used 2, 3, or 10 diferent commands. So if you have set upp 2 rules with Cycle Upp 1 and Cycle Upp 2 the cycle will run between this two, and if you have "WHEN"SENSOR Cycle Upp 1, 2 and 3 on 3 diferent rules the cycle will continue between this. Easy way without complex rules for button clic. Of course you should be abel to use the commands in other rules.

But this is a basic function. If users do not want this they could turn it on or off for all devices or for every singel device? And if you by mistake turn it off you can turn it on and the rules you created with this will not be invalid.

e7138cc9debadd00802671968295f313

photo

I have over 100 devices and lot's of different manufacturers. Yes, some devices could be better but all of them work fine like they should. Just stick to the normal switches and skip the 433MHZ. You can not expect that Zipato makes support for a device that's only a few people use.

I have tested many controllers and i think Zipato has the best support for Z-Wave devices. Then comes Vera and last Fibaro. So Zipato is not doing a bad job.

photo

I only would agree if there were an official compatibility list. How should a customer know before buying if a device works or not.

The device I have which are not working correctly with Zipato all work with Fibaro without any problems. e.g. Philio PSR04, Fibaro RGBW, ...

And the Problem ist that the support first say it will work soon and then after months it still does not work.

photo

I agree there should be a list. I have been asking for this a long time. And i don't think it's ever going to come.

Philio PSR04 and Fibaro RGBW work fine here. No problems.

I have been working on a list but i stopped with it. Because there is no way you can keep it updated. If Fibaro makes a new firmware then the sensor could not work anymore. So it's not always Zipato fault that modules don't work.

Welcome to Z-Wave: The Standard....KUCH

Have a look here for a list:

http://zipabox.de/category/kompatibilitatsliste/

photo

Really?

Show me how you can change a value with the PSR04 of a virtual Level control. I can only use it at on off device. I need to bind it with a virtual device.

And the RGBW I need an 12V output for each color without any Input device.

If you know this please tell it the support team as they do not know it.

photo

Seems to work...

1fb163887b150659c080fea5d6530950

photo

And this one:

And the RGBW I need an 12V output for each color without any Input device.

Have not tested this. But don't think is standard.

photo

My PSR04 doesn't Show anything else in rule Creator than on/off Switch. Included and exlcluded it several times and the support also says it does not work.

Funny thing.

The RGBW worked perfektly this way with my HC2 before I had Zipato.

photo
photo

I don't agree that basic zwave work ok. There constantly been problems with basic inwall switches from standard suppliers.

New changes that breaks currentt configuration, parameters that is valid from device maker that does not work with zipabox.

Fixes for one parameter screws up other ones.

I am Not saying that othere hubbs are making a better job. But I can't agree that it works when using standard zwave switches.

photo

There are more than 30k various Z-wave switches connected to various Zipato controllers around the world...

photo

As I said. Then make a list and all customer are happy.

photo

And Z-Wave is a standard as WiFi is. And I never had a WiFi device which did not work with another certified one.

photo

@Sebastian Popovic

Why even come with a defense post like that. I know there is allot of devices, iam not saying this is easy for zipato.

I just have a different opinion about most common devices works as they should.

Just a few weeks ago I hade to reconfigure all my fibaro inwall switches after firmware update.

One version of Qubino inwall switch still does not work as a push button.

Just a few examples of latest problems.

To give some credit, yes you fixed allot of previus problems I have had after support tickets and general updates.

But I can not say that, if we stick to use market standard devices that it will work with all the functions they bring.

Most negative part in my eyes regarding all this is that zipato does not keep any sort of info what works or not.

Feels like you trying to hide flaws and buggs. This makes users get pissed off when they buy new devices and don't get it to work.

Or maby it's that simple that zipato have no clue about what is working and there for don't keep users updated.

Sorry if I sound sound harsh. But I have no idea why zipato allways is so silenced about functionality, buggs and compability.

photo
photo

Could not mor then agree. And I think it is not rocket science I ask for........ It is basic button funktions that could work with any z-wave butt if it could just send commands in a cycle. It only needs to receive a on, off, or press hold command.

And why the hell should not Zipabox be able to send a stop command while executing a % value to a blind. I mean it only needs to stop the counter and send the new command, start the counter again, and stop it when a new command is sent.

This would be valid for any 433 MHz blind.

My advice to Zipato is, if you decide to add a device, do it until it works, and don't give upp until it is perfect. If any user have problem take it serious. You have seen how a switch and a app can work and should work. Se clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha-ImAp0jg0

I am not complain just because it is so fun.

I have problem that I want to be solv.

photo

And it should not be users that give new ides, all the time. It should be Zipato that gives users new cool funktions to play with.

Right?

photo

I see there are some really furious people here. If we are talking about your shutter, I am not sure your fury is justified. You are talking about it as if it is a non working device. It actually works very well. However, since I see this new shutter behavior is obviously very important to you, I will see what can be done here when I find some time.

photo

Sound god.

I am sorry for the inconvenience but this is not just fury over the shutter, it is fury over the the the problems I had with any switch I try to ad to my system.

The step switch problems, the WTE-2 switches, the Fibaro dimmer 2 S2 input and S2 scene input, the Qubino input and the Schnider Switch problems.

I try to buy things to get it working at this point but it is hard. And things that you read about in the manuel that i sent to you, tow in Swedish that should work does not work. Not dimmig, not jalousie. And I try to ask you exactly what info I ned to get from Schnider to get it working, and I try to ask you how I can test the different parameters then I get really frustrated.

My dedication to get this switch to work properly will help al others that get the Schnider switch, and the same with any 433 MHz Blinds, curtains.

And if I got my will threw, every one could have 1-10 functions in cycle for every z-wave switch out there. An if it is like you sad it is 30000 switches. To just have ON, OFF of scenes on the same button would save people money.

>"However, since I see this new shutter behavior is obviously very important to you"

This is not new behavior, it is behavior of thing that is obvious how it should work but not does.

The same was it before with scenes, now they seem to work perfect, fast and never miss a command.

But keep in mind that just because I scream the highest does not mean that the quiet people don't have the same wish, or problem. And that not new people will ask for this. I have seen time and time again futures bin asked on this forum that have bin asked 2 years ago.

My complain I hope only will push this platform forward and give more options and a better option.

Sorry and..

Best regards Jacob

photo

Unfortunately i need to agree with this, we are a recent zipato dealer, and we have been testing their products, zipato controllers are really promising and the concept of the zipabox is great, however as you are saying integrating devices, is a challenge. you cannot predict how a device will work with zipato. Even Devices with the same hardware (example remotec ZXT-120 work really different as the Zipato IR extended version)

at this very moment we are having a hard time even integrating the zipabox serial module with the zipabox to use it with a DSC powerseries system, something that works like a charm in other cheaper controllers like vera.

this brings a lot of problems for custom installations.example: if we install a zipato controller to a customer and later the customer would like to add more devices to the network i cannot even warranty how they will work and if will allow to do what the customer would like to achieve with the new zwave product we offer.

i personally thinks they need to restructure and focus since they are even having some organizational difficulties

to start even the dealer trainings, they need to slow down on integrating protocols and focus more on Zwave, their main protocol. cheaper controller are having best compability with the zwave devices.

however i always appreciate the effort and the willing of help their technical support and sales staff provide. i also appreciate that Mr Sebastian Popovic CEO of zipato even take time to participate in the comunity forums. something i have never seen in other forums.

And this is one of the things that make me belive in Zipato. since they are putting effort to be always better. as i said at the beggining, their device has a good potential, this company can become one of the most used home automation system in today's homes. but they need to make the integration and compability easier.

photo

I am interested what kind of problems you have with serial module and DSC? Does the support know about them? I would like to check this if you send me the serial number of your box at zcerovski@3plus.hr.

photo

The change for the shutters described in this thread should be released with the new beta firmware

photo

Will test it and get back to you if it works!

photo

No sorry it does not work as expected. The only thing that happens now is that the blind stop, no sync of where the blind was when the stop was sent. But when it stops it does not go to the new selected value.

It should stop the blind and send it to the new position selected in the app or web UI!

photo

Well... I didn't even know that the firmware with this change is released already. I haven't had time to test it myself at all. I guess the guys didn't test it well and it probably shouldn't have been released yet.

photo

No problem! That you are working on this kind of improvements give me hope for Zipato. I thought moste of my ideas where buried deep some where. ;-)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file