This object is in archive! 

How many Variables could be sent in one mail ?

Torbjorn Hall shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

I have a lot of variables in my system and as a backup I like to send the current values in a mail to myself every 24 hrs.

Is there a limit how many variables you can add to the mail in the "Send Message" puzzle ??

Br

Torbjorn

Replies (7)

photo

I tried with 10 variables. if you have issues with variables, you can always submit a ticket

photo

Torbjorn,

I have found that after many variables/attributes if you save the message and sent it is empty, after opening again it's empty too... I wanted to create an email with the status of all my sensors and I haven't been able to achieve it because of this. Also I noticed sometimes is hard to add attributes after the first time you save the message, it only appears the name of the attribute/variable.

photo

Thanks for your valuable inputs !

I'm now running a test where I send ATTRIBUTES instead of VAIABLES, about 20 of them in one mail.

It seems much easier to attach ATTRIBUTS in the mail than to handle VARIABLES....

I will report back

Br

Torbjorn

photo

I send emails with a lot of variables - 31 I just counted. I don't think there's any limit.

The process of adding them to the email is tiresome and error-prone, though. I find it's best to insert a bunch of blank lines first, and then insert the variable values. The interface definitely needs improving.

photo

What firmware are you guys running with? I was on 1.1.23 and I had that problem when the message puzzle content is blank after you save and the message also empty. I went back to 1.1.19 and the message puzzle content is back and message is ok...

I agree with David about the interface, originally took me half hour just to get the attributes I wanted.

photo

I have 1.0.17 still! I hadn't realised there'd been so many upgrades.

photo

Well, 1.1.17 is the latest official, I upgraded to 1.1.23 to test the cluster function but started giving me problems with adding new devices so I asked the zipato team to roll me back to 1.1.19 (the latest stable beta I recall).

Leave a Comment

Attach a file