use smartphone app for presence information

Benjamin M shared this idea 7 years ago
Under Consideration

Hi there!

I am working with third party apps to trigger a virtual http switch to let the zipabox know if i am home or not.

I think the zipato app could do it even better and comfortable.

if it is connected to the local wifi-network that means, i am home. if not, i am not home.

This could be improved with a geo fence around my home, that must be left to trigger "away".

What do you think ?

Greets Benjamin

Replies (6)

photo

yes, we need a sensor device added to the rule creator of a logged in local or away sensor. This would work very well. Good idea. The geolocation I do not think Zipato will implement though, but there are many other ways/apps to do this.

photo

Hey Adrian, Can you tell me how to implement this.

I want to arm/disarm my alarm automatically when i'm away.

I was thinking about my mobile. When it's connected to WIFI i'm at home, when not i'm Away from home and the alarm wil arm.

photo

Hi Helle,

thank you for your feedback.

I read these articles before and I think it would be better if the smartphone detects the geolocation and triggers the actions.

This is because maybe your phone runs out of battery at night ... Zipabox then could decide to activate the alarmzones.

I have done it with ifttt, worked very fine, but it wasn't reliable enough.

photo

Great point Benjamin, it would be very handy and useful if the app could recognize the home-state: "at home" or "not at home" (e.g. recognizing your home WiFi network) per individual who has the app installed.

I'm curious for everybody who uses Tasker / IFTTT, how do you connect to the Zipabox? I assume you run your own webserver somewhere and let the (paid) Zipabox read the status once in a while?

photo

To use IFTTT just add a virtual Sensor and follow these instructions to learn how to control via IFTTT and Maker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQOa8MQRoSU

I build a recipe "if i leave an area around my house, set the virtuzal away-sensor to 1". And if i come back, set it to 0.

photo

cant make a applet any longer without having to register a company??

photo
photo

And it should work with more than one phone, if I'm not at home my wife also wants the heating on! ;-)

photo

That is no problem, just use two virtual sensors.

photo

*double post*

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file