This object is in archive! 

Using all 3 ports on wf2ir

PieterS shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

I have the WF2IR connected, and it automatically creates an IR control device. But this is only sending IR signals to the first port. I don't see any options of sending IR codes to the second or third (booster port). How does this need to be set up?

Regards, Pieter

Best Answer
photo

you need to use the software that came with the WF2IR, it is called iLearn, and then learn the codes through that, as then you can select which port to use.

Copy that code, and manually save it in Zipato box.

But another question, did you get the WF2IR working with rules???

Thanks

Replies (7)

photo

you need to use the software that came with the WF2IR, it is called iLearn, and then learn the codes through that, as then you can select which port to use.

Copy that code, and manually save it in Zipato box.

But another question, did you get the WF2IR working with rules???

Thanks

photo

Rules still do not work although an attempt was made to solve this. IR endpoint is recognized. Commands can be sent by selecting them from the Device Manager but NOT in rules... :-(

photo

To use the booster port you have to use the iLearn software as Darkwing says. The port used is actually part of the IR code you are sending and thus you can set which port is to be used for IR command you are sending.

photo

Okay, thanks for the great responses.

When I want to switch my beamer of, I need to press 'OFF' twice on the remote. When replacing this with the IR module, I need the code to be sent twice shortly after eachother. Which settings are to be used then?

212a38c07bb10e643dd58ffce56a8dcb

photo

Change "Repeat" to 2

photo

how did you do to send the commands from zipato?

How did you learn them?

Can you explain me as please?

photo

use the software that came with the device, or download it from Global Cache website, it is called ilearn.

start the software and from the dropdown select your device, an ip address box will appear. Then in IP box fill in the device IP number. Click connect.

Module 1 is the first IR device, if you have more you can select different module numbers. Connector is the port on your IR device. It should have 3.

After you connected, point your remote to the IR eye and push the button you want to learn. The code will then appear in box learned code. Press edit, it will then appear in edit view window, then press save.

364ca230796237483fb5aba423df1ab0

A txt file will be created with codes that looks like below.

Sendir 1:1 means module 1 port 1 etc. If you by accident used the wrong port in step 1, you can easily change it here.

b65791dde8243dac0983c986ab35514a

Now go to your device browser, select IR from the list. And click on settings.

9ce8039344065fae81ab252af2771a23

There click on configuration

ed1100cd6b44927f670ae15eb8f650df

Then you can click on set code and give a name to your command. When clicking on set code a pop-up will open where you can paste a command you saved earlier in the file. Cope the whole line including sendir etc.

8202c171c9c32ae70510521344e39041

Put the whole line in below box and press ok.

f8dfbaee7547bffdef5a2a78821b5aab

Now give a name and click save.

You'll have now saved a command. Now you'll need to create rules and use the IR device in them in below example.

84e8f2ace804ec63b318aa80bfe09db0

Good luck.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file