This object is in archive! 

iTach IP2IR

patrik wihlborg shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Could someone confirm that itach ip2ir works on zipabox now?

Does it also work in the rule creator?

Replies (52)

photo

I can't comment about the ip2ir, but i have a wifi flex and a wifi2ir and both don't work in rules. They do work, but without rules you might as well use a remote control :-)

photo

hi,

yes several people experience the same issue. You need to open a ticket and then go on a world tour.

photo

I had an similar issue with one virtual sensor. It helped me to select "All" instead of "aan" in the when rule, than I put in a delay of one second and than IF-Rule with the same sensor and there I used "aan"

Perhaps that helps. Would be nice, if you could try it out.

photo

Maybe a silly question, but have you selected an action in the action block?

photo

Yes I have. Well spotted though, the screenshot was somewhat earlier.

photo
photo

no this is just the IOS app, until they update it with the new version as per android, this is all you see. The old android app was the same. One day..................

photo

It works for me in IOS (not the best way)

photo

Can you tell how? Maybe add a screenshot?

photo

photo

photo
photo

Could improve the app (ios), Instead of the commands appear in numbers rename the commands, the app will look more elegant.

photo

The whole iOS app is still waiting for a complete revamp for month now...

photo

Hello Pieter what IR control are you using ? Is it the Itach (flex) product ? Have you (or anyone else) been able to get it working in rules ?

Thanks, Ruud

photo

Dear Pieter,

We didn't get any other complaints about this so it could be possible that this is an isolated case in your system. Our team has made a detailed investigation and noticed that you have "Invalid" rule/s which are interrupting rule synchronization. Please try to check your rules and disable or remove every "Invalid" rule.

Let me know if the issue still persits after you made this step.

Best regards,

Pero Zovkic

photo

Just cleared the one not working. But still no success.. Every IR controlled device responses to a direct action from the IR Control. But not in rules.

photo
photo

Pieter, wich itach are you using the ip2ir or the flex? Did you get it to work?

Reason i ask is i strugle long time to get my ip2ir (not flex) to work without sucess.

Best regards/patrik

photo

hi Patrik it's the iTach WF2IR. It works, as long as it is about direct action calls, but no programmed stuff via the rules.

photo
photo

Excuse me Pero Zovkic I have this EXACT SAME PROBLEM for more then 1 YEAR (12 Months) open with Zipato and NO SOLUTION. How can you claim this is an isolated case. This is just poor service from Zipato.

I have been a very loyal customer over time but these kind of statements and this slooooowww service from Zipato drives me crazy...

photo

Dear Ruud,

Yes, this is known issue on which our team is working. I will keep you all posted when there will be any new information.

Best regards,

Pero Zovkic

photo
photo

Ruud, wich ir device are you using?

photo

Itach Flex with ehternet port (not the Wifi version).

Works perfect if you 'manually' send an IR command from the Zipato website. Does NOT work as part of rules.

SO far I have not heard from anyone where this works in rules where Zipato claims that this works and every user is an 'isloated case'.

photo

I concur, my ticket is over a year old.

photo
photo

probably they hear nobody complain as our complaints were over a year ago............ we are now patiently waiting for a fix....

photo

I want to use ip2ir , se attach

It would be nice if someone could confirm that it realy works.

Or ZIPATO confirm that it doesent work and then we have to find other sulution.

im surprised so few are using ir devices, its working realy nice. I control tv home cinema amplifier, hdtv box, projector, aircondition, computer, all controlled by the flic of a button. For now i use Zipato/remotec ir device. Problem with this device is it can only handle 20 signals. It is also very uggly if you need 2 or three in your ceiling.

photo

@Darkwing: I have asked them for updates to the situation at least 6 or 7 times. They cannot state that they did not hear anything from me..I guess I am less patient ;-)

@Patrick: In order for it to work with a Zipato remote you have to be able to use it in rules..

It does not work in rules. What is the use of IR controller if you can only fire commands from your PC ?

photo

In November I asked them if it could be fixed before x-mas.... :D

DarkwingUser Posted on: 20 October 2016 04:21 PMHi Vedran

next week it is a month ago since last we talked. Any chance this will be fixed soon? I have the feeling it will slip into November, and from there it will be 2017 very quick, Would be nice if I can finally use it before x-mas :-) hopefully sooner.

Thanks

photo

I anyone who reads this could help us by by clicking on "the same question" we may may move this up in the Zipato development priority... this must the on the bottom of their list... no activity for more then a year...

Things can change if you vote.. ;-)

photo

in voting we have on third place 105 votes on RXFCOM 433MHZ integration and it is COMPLETED or ???

photo

Hi Ruud, see my other topic as well. No succes so far with that.

I'm using the iTach Wifi

photo

As discussed in my topic, same issue.

I have the wifi version, and it works great. Only not in rules..

photo

cant use it in scenes eider.... ??

photo

Can u use it in scenes?

photo

Nope, but I also think it is not designed for that.

I have configured a Virtual Device for a IR controlled device, which is visible in the Scene Settings. But as the rules control what this virtual device is doing, it doesn't work. As rules don't work with IR devices.

photo

@PieterS I have seen a video where the ZIpato IR module (the one for controlling air conditioners) does work in Rules. So the statement that IR does not work in rules is not correct. It is just that iTach Flex devices do not work in rules. Not sure about the iTach ip2ir...

photo

we know, this topic is about the Itach devices.

Just can not fathom why this is so difficult and time consuming to implement. The Itach devices are so handy to use, they should all be fully usable in the Zipato system. Via rules, scenes however you want to control them.

photo
photo

ZIPATO/remotec ir module works great in rules. But it has only 20 different memory positions so its memory is to smal. You need 10 only to cover 0-9 then if you are in to homecinema for exampel you run out of capacity very fast, and put 3-5 zipato/remotec modules in your ceiling doesent put a smile on your wife.

thats why we NEED the itach to work in rules.

The Zipato/remotec module is still great for smaler AV installations in bedroms and like, or just for controling AC/HEATPUMP wich it was intended for from beginning.

photo

Bumping this topic up so it remains on the first page for our friends at Zipato....

Please react, say something, help all people who have invested in this... This has never worked for no-one with an itach product...

photo

any comments on when this will be fixed?

photo

???

photo

Hello Zipato... anybody there ? This topic still has the status "Needs Answer" as if the request is still not "Known". Is there any way we can get a status update on this ?

photo

yeh, fix it... !!

photo

Hi Zipato... can you please provide answer, react, do something ?

Why is there no reply to this thread ? Is the solution too complicated ? Let us know something, acknowledge that it does not work. Tell us if it is ever going to work...

photo

might be because this thread is classed as a question...? But yeah, waiting over a year for a fix is ridiculous to say it mildly....

photo

Hi guys,

We are, of course, aware of the issue with adding IP2IR in rules, but I'm afraid it won't be resolved so soon.

The reason for this is not that we don't want to support it, but we have other, more important things to work on which are related to overall system stability and appearance.

Another thing is that there aren't many customers which are using, or are eager to start using iTach, so it probably won't make the top of our list for some time.

Thanks for understanding.

Best regards,

Branislav

photo

Well actually I don't understand it. This box even came with screenshots of Global Cache on it, implying it supports it. Are you really surprised not many people are using Itach if it doesn't work????

You might as well remove the Global Cache from your device section so other people don't make the same mistake as we did and buy the Itach Flex thinking it is supported.

If your system is still notstable by now, you might as well throw in the towel, and with regards to appearance...... how is that more important than a system issue?

Just to be clear, we are not asking to implement support for a new device, we are asking for an existing supported device to be fixed!!!

photo

meanwhile I notice "doorbird" and "Zipato doorbell" are going to be supported........

So actually the real reason is new devices are being added so there is no time to fix "already supported" devices. How many people even use those??

Maybe stop adding new devices and fix your exisitng ones??

photo

you might want to inform Vesternet as they still say it is supported.

d78d059151482f6778b3b8a66dfcdbf7

photo

Not all GlobalCache devices are supported, but itach is supported. We will check out what is going on with case and fix it asap.

photo

Thanks Sebastian, much appreciated.

photo

Thanks Sebastian this is exactly we (the user community) want. Much apreciated!

photo

any idea when this will be fixed? The Flex i have is now out of warranty, but I actually never used it because of this........

photo

I agree, i would use the Itach flex more if it was usuable in rules.

Right now I would kill for Logitech Harmony support, and not just the basic scene activation, but full volume and channel control.

photo

Gentlemen,

The issue is on our table right now, please be patient as we will notify you once it has been fixed.

Best regards,

photo

Great Vedran!

photo

and so another month goes by.........

photo

Everyone having an open ticket for this issue received an update from me.

The device is fixed, and confirmed working by multiple users.

If you are having trouble with this device, your system requires a firmware update - please raise a ticket @ zipato support referring to this post and attach the serial number of your controller so we can apply the fix instantly.

Cheers people!

V

photo

Hello Vedran,

I had a ticket open on this (Since June 30, 2016) but did not receive an update from you on the recent FW update that is required to make the device work in RULES.

I have submitted a new, separate ticket (with box S/N) to receive this FW upgrade. i hope you can help me..

Thanks, Ruud

photo

Taking it over mate, I'll upgrade your box and you will test it out.

Please keep me posted trough the ticketing, I might not see all the relevant info here.

Cheers!

V

photo
photo

will the iTach WIFI2IR also be supported?

photo

I can confirm that IP2IR is working now, i can learn codes and send codes from rules.

But i have not been able to import IR codes from Global cache code library, Could someone confirm having same problem?

I copied and pasted the code that was sent from Global library in to zipabox and saved, but no function.

best regards

photo

Hi Patrik,

Do you know if IR devices added to the Zipato via the iTach can be controlled via Amazon Alexa?

Thanks

photo

Create a virtual switch - for instance TV.Create a rule which links the virtual switch state with the IR commands for ON and OFF the TV.

Thus it translates the "Alexa turn on the TV" command into the rule which then runs the appropriate IR command on the GC extender.

photo

That's brilliant thanks. Will be ordering one today 😉

photo

A couple of further questions.

Can you create rules with multiple IR commands to create an 'ON' sequence such as turning on the TV, my Satellite box, and my sound bar?

And how about a device that has controls like up and down? (Blinds, kitchen extractor etc)

photo

Yes all possible

photo

What virtual devices would I use for blinds or an extractor (which has fan speed up and down)

thx

photo

there is only on and off. So for fan speed up, you would need to use on........ and for down off....

I use for my curtains on for open and off for close.... LOL

photo
photo

you'll need to create a virtual device and control that.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file