This object is in archive! 

Hue disturbed by other in scene?

patrik wihlborg shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

I have a scene turning on al lights. 433 and z-wave. Resently i added 6 Hue lamps to same scene, now the hue lamps doesent dim to corect level. It seams to me that they are distturbed in the

traffic going on when the scene runs. Dimlevel is random.

If i run the scene a second time hue adapt corect dimlevel.

Is there eny simple way to solve this problem?

I guess it would be possible to put all hue in separate scene, then launch that scene with virtual switch?

Replies (2)

photo

Yes, sometimes the hue does not take all the value, expecially the BRI command if you try to set more then 1 lamp. Could be related to the HUE birdge that dont handle so many requests at the same time.

I solved by adding a delay of 1 sec between all the commands or by reapply the same command twice in the rules (I eventually use the scene just to trigger the rules, but all the action are into the rules. The actions that involve the hue bulbs are repeated twice with 1 sec delay between them).

photo

Patrik,

Hue bulbs use a complete different protocol to comunicate (Zigbee) so the issue is not a network disturbance. I have several hue bulbs and I notice this happens too, what M4 comments is correct, the issue appers to be a timming issue between the commands sent from the zipato controller to the hue bridge and then the hue bulb, this happens also with other integrations according to hue developers site, the fix is to add delays between commands. To be honest if find unpractical and unreliable the scene interfase on zipato to set RGBW bulbs and strips it is a bit tricky, I would recommend you to use HTTP commands to call your scenes created on hue app, it works a lot more reliable, if you don't want to do that then, as M4 suggests, you will need to create a mix between scene and rule, and trigger the hue bulbs in the rule with delays.

See below guide to use basic HTTP commands with zipato and phillips hue.

https://community.zipato.com/topic/phillips-hue-basic-http-control

Leave a Comment

Attach a file