This object is in archive! 

Make call when alarm triggered

Darío Guillermo CUGAT shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Hi. I'm from Argentina. I bought a Zipatile, and I'm just starting with it.

I'd like to know what are the different ways to call landlines and cell phone nombers when an alarm is triggered.

Thanks.

Best Answer
photo

Dario,

There are two ways of doing it, I would recommend the second. For both cases you have to create contacts for every cellphone or landline you want to call and puchase some Zipato credits (SMS and calls are not for free, SMS is 0.06 US dollar cents and calls are 0.1 dollar cents each), see first picture attached.

1. In your Virtual Alarm Settings (little gearbox icon, see picture attached), under "reports" tab add the contact you want to call when the alarm is tripped. The reason I wouldn't recommend you this option is; every device that trips will send one call/sms, let's say you have several motion sensors, every event detected will send you an alert, I think this is overkill in my opinion, all you want to know is that your house have been breached and maybe only one alert per new zone tripped, otherwise your credits will go by very quick and could be pretty anoying trying to call the police while receiving several SMS or calls.

2. Using rules, this way you can configure how often and under which circumstances you want your alerts to be sent. See example rule attached.

Saludos!

Replies (2)

photo

Dario,

There are two ways of doing it, I would recommend the second. For both cases you have to create contacts for every cellphone or landline you want to call and puchase some Zipato credits (SMS and calls are not for free, SMS is 0.06 US dollar cents and calls are 0.1 dollar cents each), see first picture attached.

1. In your Virtual Alarm Settings (little gearbox icon, see picture attached), under "reports" tab add the contact you want to call when the alarm is tripped. The reason I wouldn't recommend you this option is; every device that trips will send one call/sms, let's say you have several motion sensors, every event detected will send you an alert, I think this is overkill in my opinion, all you want to know is that your house have been breached and maybe only one alert per new zone tripped, otherwise your credits will go by very quick and could be pretty anoying trying to call the police while receiving several SMS or calls.

2. Using rules, this way you can configure how often and under which circumstances you want your alerts to be sent. See example rule attached.

Saludos!

photo

Thanks Alberto!!!! It was a really complete answer...

Replies have been locked on this page!