This object is in archive! 

Does anybody have a Modbus device working and how did you do it?

David Pritchard shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

What it says in the question.

If you have a Modbus device working on Zipato, how did you get it working, what obstacles did you come across, and what assistance did you get from Zipato? How did you/they debug it?

Replies (8)

photo

Cant help here, sorry Dav. But also am very interested in finding out.

I originally asked for CoolmasterNet to be supported. I thought it would have been done over IP as most other companies have done, but apparently Zipato supported it over ModBus. I know nothing of Modbus and dont know anyone who does. Not to mention never saw a tutorial on this or any instructions whatsoever. Useless integration.

photo

I've been told "Remote support for Modbus is not possible any more." I get the sense that they're abandoning this protocol, probably under the pressure of too many commitments. I was told to send my Modbus adapters to them by mail. Really.

From 2015:

http://www.cepro.com/article/zipatos_modular_home_automation_system_the_best_smart_home_platform

"According to Popovic, the supported systems are:

- MODBUS..."

photo

About CoolMasterNet. You don't need to know anything about Modbus. To Integrate CoolMasterNet with Zipabox/Zipatile you should do the following.

Telnet to the CoolMasterNet, type "modbus IP enable".

Restart the CoolMasterNet.

Telnet to the CoolMasterNet again, type "va auto".

Go to the "add new device" wizard, select Modbus.

When the Modbus network is created, go again to "add new device" wizard, select Modbus and enter these parameters:

Type: <whatever>

Name: CoolMasterNet

IP address. <the device's IP address>

port: 502

Address Number: <the output of "va auto" command - 1>

Select "Next" and that is it.

photo

thanks, I think. What is Telnet? From what I can see it is a software server that will communicate between the CoolmastNet and the Modbus protocol Zipatile. Or is it? Do you have video of this integration example?

Really would like to see this working.

Does it add to the virtual thermostat? Can you control fan speed via the virtual thermostat?

photo

Telnet is, let's say, a connection type between your PC and CoolMaster. You can download and use a tool called "putty" for that. The support should probably make a video of the integration. You should be able to use it with virtual thermostat. I am not sure if it is enabled to control fan speed through virtual thermostat yet.

photo

great, I just found out this only works for the expensive CoolmasterNet, not CooLinkNet. So in order to allow control via Zipato of a single HVAC system (CooLinkNet), I need to pay thousands for a controller that can control up to 32 units (CoolMAsterNet). http://coolautomation.com/lib/doc/manual/Modbus-guidelines.pdf

Just gets better and better.

photo
photo

We support Modbus as a protocol, but each device has to be supported separatly by us.

Remote support is not possible any more and it is a normal procedure here that users sometimes send their devices to us to support them

photo

Previously I was able to add my (supported) Brink devices on the ModBus screen. Now, only one relay device appears, and nothing else. What's going on?

photo

If you have any problems with your Modbus devices send me your box SN at zcerovski@3plus.hr and I will check what is wrong. We are in the middle of some Modbus implementation changes and there might be some issues with backward compatibilty, but those will be resolved as soon as reported

photo

I opened a ticket. Is that enough?

photo

Yes, it should be enough

Leave a Comment

Attach a file