This object is in archive! 

Rule trigger on power-up and/or Internet Connection?

TorM shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

Hi,

is there any way to trigger a Rule on any of these two situations:?

1. Power was out, and the Zipato has just started up again after power got back

2. Internet connection was down, and the connection was just resumed?

Br,

Tor M

Best Answer
photo

TorM,

I have solution for the first one and for the second one there was a post in here that described how to achieve it, I will try to find it. Meanwhile find atached rules for detecting reboots.

Concept is based on variables, every time Zipato controllers reboot they wipe the values on variables, not like virtual meters and devices, they immediately read from the cloud again. So you have to create a rule when a variable is less or equal zero then you do whatever you want and then you write whatever value bigger than 0 to the variable, when a reboot happen, the variable go back to 0.

In my case I have two rules, one that runs only one time after reboot and the second runs 5 times (minutely) after a reboot, I found sometimes it takes time for the virtual weather station to update, so I run this 5 times.

Replies (2)

photo

TorM,

I have solution for the first one and for the second one there was a post in here that described how to achieve it, I will try to find it. Meanwhile find atached rules for detecting reboots.

Concept is based on variables, every time Zipato controllers reboot they wipe the values on variables, not like virtual meters and devices, they immediately read from the cloud again. So you have to create a rule when a variable is less or equal zero then you do whatever you want and then you write whatever value bigger than 0 to the variable, when a reboot happen, the variable go back to 0.

In my case I have two rules, one that runs only one time after reboot and the second runs 5 times (minutely) after a reboot, I found sometimes it takes time for the virtual weather station to update, so I run this 5 times.

photo

Hello again Alberto,

it seems to me that this rule also triggers when the internet-connection is lost. (meaning that the variable is set back to 0). Do you also experience this?

photo

TorM,

This would only happen if you haven't checked the "keep offline" option on your controller, this option allows the controller to keep running without rebooting every 5 minutes when it looses connection. If this option is unckecked your controller will reboot and variable will go to 0.

photo

Hi again,

I know about this option, and it is checked. But still it sometimes happen.

photo

I have seen my box rebooting even with this option selected but not every time it looses internet. If the controller reboots variable will go to 0 and the rule will be triggered.

photo
photo

Thanks Alberto.

This seems to work. I also found the other post about loosing the network connection.

(In case anyone else is looking: https://community.zipato.com/topic/check-your-internet-connection-check-for-update)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file