TheHomeRemote has started an indiegogo campaign for Zipato integration

Adrian Van Der Heijden shared this idea 6 years ago
Under Consideration

If you are interested in having the options for customized apps for ALL platforms, please dontate to this fund. Bill from The Home Remote has indicated we would like to start this project but needs funding to make it happen.

This would be a great tool for integrator's to use, and would allow them to sell a system that has an app that is the SAME on both IOS and Android. And also has a Windows app compatibility.

Zipato will never add Windows, and it has been a year since the new Android app, so I dont anticipate IOS happening anytime soon. So please donate to Bill, he is doing his best.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-home-remote-zipato-apps#/

Replies (11)

photo

https://igg.me/at/JNF9dc7vQ9E/emal/16901703

Wow Adrian. I have to say you are a keen and good supporter. Although my share is a lot little than yours, I backed. Im sure if Helle, Alberto, Dave and the other stong community supporters will back up, the goal will be easily reached.

Attila

photo

Done... It's a good idea...

photo

Goal is reached!!

photo

Good news

photo
photo

thanks everyone. Yes, we need another option that is a bit more customization and better options than Imperihome. Zipato dont seem interested in updating their ios app to mimic the android, and as a selling and installer, its very embarrassing when members of a family have 2 different looking apps to use due to 2 different phones. Not to mention no Windows support. And I have talked to Bill from HomeRemote on a few occasions, and he is really nice guy trying to do his best, but just needs a little income to help him along. Good cause in both cases I say, shame Zipato couldn't step up to the plate.

photo

Agree. these are the things that take ages and noone of us understands why. Im pleased that we got it together to get it funded. Now fingers crossed I will also switch soon to new app.

photo

bill says he will start in about a week. I'll keep you all updated when I know more.

photo

Sorry guys, I'm catching up with the community posts, had my child baptism last week and was busy at work. I also think is a very good idea. Thanks Adrian for your help, I will pitch in too, I have that exact problem; my wife is an IOS fan while I'm an android guy, her app sometimes crashes and it is not a good selling point, there are many IOS/iphone fans out there.

photo

App update. Bill has been hard at it, with some help from Zipato engineers, we had our first trial run today.

Looking good.

Anyone who is looking for a more customised solution this is it. Bill has even pre loaded a demo so you can load up your some of your devices into a working version.

It spans windows phones 8-10, android, ios.

Obviously it not plug and play Zipato app style, but the integrators will love it, plus the ability to use it with other devices/products Bill has already integrated.

You can test it with the first controller added to your account currently, but I would hold off until it is a polished working system for now.

Obviously once finalised and ready for use, I would ask if anyone who tries it and likes it to make a little donation to Bill. He has put a lot of time into this and deserves a little something. It wasn't easy, I know I have been cc'd in on everything.

photo

Thanks for the update Adrian, keep us posted!!

photo

I noticed the app was updated today with Zipato. I am going to try it out.

photo

For anyone finding The Home Remote a little tricky to use, a user has created a great starter guide on youtube for getting up and going. Remember that the Home Remote will also auto populate some screens and devices from your Zipato controller to help you out

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8BK4EhGkC9u7UfTL4ISmew

photo

Thanks for sharing Adrian.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file