This object is in archive! 

alarm state visualization?

sven eigenbrodt shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

I want to add something to my system that allows the family to quickly check the state of the virtual alarm.

I imagine a small battery-powered led light which I can mount near the zipato-keypad and which blinks every couple of seconds in green/yellow/orange/red for off/home/away/tripped.

What devices/solutions are out there?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi.

A battery powered device it's not the right choice. The alarm state must be notificated in real time, but a battery powered device generally wake-up only every 10-20-60min and over. Lower wakeup periods drain the battery so quickly. A realtime state notification require line power (eventually a little battery backup)

I'm putting on the table just my 2cent..

An option could be a Raspberry PI Zero W running MQTT (or a totally custom solution), with different leds attached over GPIO. Data could be retrieved with api or could be sent with http request puzzle from zipabox rules.

photo

I agree with Simone on the fact that a battery powered device may not be the best option. Maybe going with the Pi is an overkill just for an "indicator".

I use my LED strips to signal when the system is disarmed / armed / tripped, these are controlled by Fibaro RGBW controllers (there are also Qubino RGBW controllers now) or maybe you can just buy a Zipato RGBW bulb, using rules you can also make this bulb to change colors to reflect the status of the alarm, this last option is the cheaper and easier I can think off.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file