This object is in archive! 

Why does a dollar sign and "Missing service. Please upgrade" appear next to all virtual meters?

David Pritchard shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

What it says in the title.

Replies (3)

photo

It seems a new integration is under way. If you look into controller settings (scroll down) you will find something interesting.

Obviously it is not yet fully implemented and my zipatile also lost pro licence sence i cannot get further.

photo

Where does it say whether or not you have a PRO licence? I seem to recall seeing it before, but I can't find it now.

photo

I'm pretty sure I used to have one :-/

photo

Actually, make that 100% sure!

photo

I know this has been asked before, but I'm always confused about it. Do we need to pay to extend our PRO licence to cover new features (like this one)? So, does the PRO licence you have just cover the features that existed at the time you acquired it?

It says I don't have a PRO licence when I click on the energy tariffs thing, but it seems like I do have a PRO licence because I can use other features (like certain operators, etc.) that are listed as PRO features. But then, early adopters (prior to firmware v1.0) have PRO-like privileges anyway. It's confusing.

photo

Well Dave, you, me also Alberto should have PRO licence, it somehow deactivated and mine is not yet back. Probably same with you. Indeed in normal policy, PRO features from 1year after actiavtion shoulld be available.

photo

So, new features added more than a year after activation would mean paying again? Mine was activated more than a year ago, so perhaps I don't have access to this new feature?

Does it say "PRO licence" anywhere in the Control Center?

photo

Indeed, this is my understanding of the explanation from Zipato. On the top batr in red you should have But PRO... this is indication you dont have active PRO anymore.

photo

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me to pay for new features, because we can hardly pay once and then expect lifetime development and support. The economics don't add up.

However it would be nice to have more clarity about what early adopters/beta testers are entitled to, and what sort of PRO features we can use. Something like "PRO features up to May 2017 enabled". Because now we have a PRO licence that's not visible anywhere, but is still active for older features. Very confusing.

photo
photo

Hi,

We are developing a new consumption graph which will be able to present cumulative power consumption through hourly, daily, weekly and monthly periods, together with predicted cost of the monthly bill for electricity. The user will be able to enter up to 4 rates per day, which means that the graph will calculate the day rates, night rates, or any additional rates which your electricity provider supports.

The $ sign with "Missing service. Please upgrade." is shown because we are in the last phase of development and only our group of test users should see this option before we release it on production servers. Once we are done with the test phase, you will be able to upgrade the new service under conditions which we will elaborate on our Community pages. Track our news for more information.

Best regards,

Dominik

photo

When I selected the Energy Consumption under Settings I got the you must upgrade to PRO license. So I did, paid the $99 US Dollars for it, and got nothing in return. It was the only feature I needed or cared about. So when will it REALLY be available?

The Zipabox Power Module which I have owned for more than a year is useless without this feature to me. All I can see are the graphs, but I care only about the cost of energy at this point for management purposes.

photo
photo

Nice to hear Zipato is working on energy meter capabilities, this is a must. Looking forward to test it, thumbs up!!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file