This object is in archive! 

Global Cache functionality broken

Darren Edwards shared this problem 6 years ago
Known

Has anyone been able to get their Global Cache unit to store and transmit IR commands? I raised a ticket back in April when I discovered my IP2IR unit would not send new commands. The ones I had saved previously still worked fine, but any new codes that were entered or learned did not transmit. I received a reply to my ticket back in May saying that it was a known issue and that it was being addressed by support. Since then, nothing. I tried to save another couple of codes last night. I get all the right responses, "Code Saved" etc, but nothing happens when the command is sent. The old ones still work fine. Any ideas?

Replies (4)

photo

did you sync afterwards also?

photo

Of course. Synced, rebooted, several times. Even the functionality of sending a single command from the SEND COMMAND window is broken. The same string sent from the iTest software utility (on the same computer) results in the command being sent successfully.

I thought the latest firmware update may have addressed the issue, but it's still the same.

I sent off another reply in my ticket back in June, asking for any idea of a timeline for resolution, but support haven't responded.

photo

Zipato. one day something works the next not. I dont get how a firmware upgrade always seems to stop or break so many things. I know I have said this before, but try TheHomeRemote. It has great Global Cache support, and it works.

Let us know what support say.

photo

It was resolved some time ago now, Darren I've sent you an email just now.

The GC is working fine with Zipato, I assure you, and we'll help you get it working in your home as well.

photo

Thanks Vedran, but as my emails to you have confirmed, deleting and re joining the IP2IR unit does not fix the issue. Unfortunately each time I delete then re add the device to my system, the old commands reappear, along with the lack of functionality. I've tried rebooting between deletion and re joining, tried a different computer and even a different browser. It looks like the Zipabox is not deleting the settings for the device when it is deleted and so reassigns them back to it when it is re joined. Hoping you can do something from your end.

photo

strange.... my GC is working fine....

photo
photo

spoke to soon...... my existing one is working fine, just now I added a WF2IR and this is refusing to learn a code. Now notice it is offline...

photo

OK. Good news. Don't know whether Zipato support have done something from their end, but I've has some success!

Deleted my IP2IR device again. Performed a synchronisation and then deleted all the temporary files from my browser. This time when I rejoined the device the old commands were gone. I have so far been able to send commands via the SEND COMMAND option and have also saved a couple of commands which appear to work fine. Fingers crossed. I'll keep you all posted.

photo

So.... no good. Saved first two commands, which still operate correctly. All further codes I've added do not transmit, despite receiving the "Code Saved Successfully" message.

SEND COMMAND function not working either.

I would've thought that when Zipato made a big deal of their "partnership" with Global Cache that they would have provided reliable functionality.

Wonder what the folks at Global Cache think of their partnership now.....

photo
photo

Hi all.

After an extended break I'm about to try Global Cache commands with my Zipabox again. Just so I know I'm not wasting my time can I please get an indication from other users regarding their Zipato/Global Cache successes or failures?

For the brief period I had the functionality it proved one of the most useful/used capabilities in my system. Controlling my AV equipment through rules and Alexa was a great feature.

Thanks in Advance.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file