This object is in archive! 

Reaction on events

Arno Bücken shared this problem 6 years ago
Known

Good evening together,

I now have five devices in my zwave network which work fine with the functionality built in each device and also react on timer events. Now I am trying to go one step further and react on events from one device to change another. For example: If someone pushes down at the roller shutter, switch on the light.

As a first test I tried to synchronize to lights, each equipped with a fibaro switch 2 single. In the event list on my zipato box I can see that the switch on and off events are received and stored in the list. I then created the following rule:

c921b12b34605fb06bfc3adb2b6e4aa9

In this example "Switch Licht Esstisch" is the device from the first Fibaro that I took from Devices->Sensor in the browser on the right hand side of the zipato gui. "Fibaro FGS213 Switch 2" is an actuator from the devices browser. I expected that now each time I switch on the first light by pressing the switch, I would get an email and the other light would toggle. But nothing happens. So I guess, that the events that I see in the event-list do not make it into my rules, but unfortunately I have no idea why.

Does anybody have a suggestion, what I should do?

Best regards and thanks for your help,

Arno

Replies (6)

photo

Synch in the right and nit on the left for rules.

photo

Attila,

Thanks for your answer. I learned this the hard way three weeks ago. ;-) So this time I synced with the right button.

Today I removed the fibaro switch from the network and joined it afterwards. Now I receive messages, but it takes quite a long time until the other light reacts. I would say it were a couple of minutes. Is there any threshold or something like this, that prevents zwave device from beeing too talky, so they wait a time until the light is really on and is not switched off again and send the message then? Is there a way to have this time shorter?

Best regards

Arno

photo

Arno,

Could you please tell me exactly what do you want to achieve? we can give you examples and advices of how to do it. About the message, try something like this;

879f7faacb88cec7e93e3ec75711ce3a

photo

Do a network heal (ZWNTUT). It is in the zwave network options inside the device manager. Perhaps that might help.

photo

Thank you both, I'll try it during the weekend.

Arno

photo

You can try play stumble guys online for anytime and anywhere

Leave a Comment

Attach a file