This object is in archive! 

Wakeup interval

Martin shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

hello,

what exactly Wakeup interval means? i changed the interval on one radiator valve from 5min to 1440min and the valve seems to work as before. (but i hope that the battery drain will be less)

thanks

Best Answer
photo

Hey Martin,

The Wake up interval means how often the device and controller are exchanging configuration frames. This doesn't mean the device isn't working if its not "awake". Devices will still send data to the box when THEY want, i.e. door/window status change, temperature change, motion/no motion, battery status, however since the device is not awake it cannot receive any configuration parameters from the controller. What it basically means is, when the device wakes up it pings the controller: "I'm awake now, do you have anything for me?" and you can then send data to the device (configuration settings, additional parameter modifications) and the device can respond.

You can extend the wakeup interval in order to prolong the battery duration on Z-wave devices. Device really doesn't need to be configured five times a day, once you put it in place, set the configuration and leave it be :)

Brgs,

V

Replies (3)

photo

Hey Martin,

The Wake up interval means how often the device and controller are exchanging configuration frames. This doesn't mean the device isn't working if its not "awake". Devices will still send data to the box when THEY want, i.e. door/window status change, temperature change, motion/no motion, battery status, however since the device is not awake it cannot receive any configuration parameters from the controller. What it basically means is, when the device wakes up it pings the controller: "I'm awake now, do you have anything for me?" and you can then send data to the device (configuration settings, additional parameter modifications) and the device can respond.

You can extend the wakeup interval in order to prolong the battery duration on Z-wave devices. Device really doesn't need to be configured five times a day, once you put it in place, set the configuration and leave it be :)

Brgs,

V

photo

thank you, everything is clear.

but one more question, how is it when I change the temp in Virtual thermost? When will the valve get new value? Does this value belongs to category :"I'm awake now, do you have anything for me?""

photo

No, changing a heating set-point results in a basic operation on the valve ON/OFF. Which means the device will respond to the request for changing the state and turn the valve when you adjust the set point.

Replies have been locked on this page!