This object is in archive! 

Zipatile

Jacob Berggren shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I'm considering purchasing a Zipatile. Will I be able to migrate all devices and rules from my Zipabox or do I have to redo everything manually?

Replies (3)

photo

Unfortunately, you can't just migrate devices from Zipabox to Zipatile, but you can continue using Zipabox in cluster with Zipatile. However, I would still suggest migrating everything to Zipatile as it is generally stronger device.

photo

"stronger device" as in more capable, more features... or stronger as in stronger / more powerful Z-Wave signal ?

While I do agree that it is a more feature rich device, my Zipatile is not even close in signal strength to my ZipaBox and much more "picky" when setting up devices so I ended up using my Zipabox for the majority of the devices (31 of 33) even though it is further away from the endpoint in many cases.

photo

Signal strength depends of the position of a device. Zipatile has quite good antenna inside, but if you place it on concrete wall or somewhere else where it has interference, the signal might decrease significantly.

photo
photo

I'm expecting my Zipatile delivered today but already have a Zipabox with 56 devices. I really don't want to go through the hassle of transferring all 56 devices. Is it a big problem if I don't?

photo

I would suggest to try keeping them on Zipabox for a while and see how it works. 56 is not too big number, so you may not need to migrate them.

photo

Would you suggest adding any new devices to the Zipatile not Zipbox?

photo

stay with the Zipabox, keep adding devices to this so they are all one the one system. I would then buy pro licence for backup of this controller, backup option is no free. Then when the ability to restore from a zipabox to a zipatile via the backup method is working properly, just purchase the pro licence for the Zipatile and migrate everything across. Meanwhile, just use the Zipatile and an interface for the Zipabox, that is, just log on to the zipatile and change from the Zipaitle controller to the Zipabox controller. This will save you 99 euro for no reason or benefit in using a cluster.

photo

I confirm. If you can stay on Zipabox for now then do it. I just had the Zipatile with a Zipabox (65 modules and rules). So I created a cluster and it's hell! Many small problems to synchronize everything and make everything work ... Long hours are waiting for me to fix everything ... I can not migrate everything on the Zipatile because I have a Triplex of 270m2 and the Zipatile could not all control. The advantage of the cluster is to be able to use the functionality of the Zipatile with the Zipabox without going through http commands.

photo

I can not confirm. I also use a Zipatile and a Zipabox in the cluster and it works great. In operation, you do not realize that there are two devices on which the sensors and actuators are included. They work like one device.

For your problem, that you can not control all devices because of the size of your flat I would recommend you a Range Extender like this one.

photo

yes yes I realize. And it does not work as well as before with only the Zipabox. But I know it's only a matter of time before everything works well. I do not have a very important problem. just some adjustments to make, I hope. But problem anyway ... And time to pass on it ...

photo

For some reason I can't access the Skrill payment system so it looks like I will be unable to form a cluster or use the backup system.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file