This object is in archive! 

Interested to see what Zipato community want?

Adrian Van Der Heijden shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

Why do we both to ask for device support?

Every time I ask for support of something, I am told to add it to the community and if it gets enough votes they will implement it.............well....................

Take a look at this list of the most voted for items

/5391fac8ddcb722a03fd347a0be00b6f

Top request is a paid only feature, standard on every other controller.

Now i am annoyed. Some of these are my personalised request mind you, but..............

NO new IOS app, NO Google Home compatibility, android UI now doesnt even match Zipatile interface, no support for AV/multiroom music or music services, no programmable virtual media player so we can add our own http commands for audio devices, removed 3rd widgets from Zipatile home screen, no Onvif camera support, no good documentation supplied with Zipatile or Zipabox products, no IFTTT channel, no 3/4 state virtual switches, no Nest Cam or thermostat (in fact even the Nest Protects make my system reboot) no self learning in the 433mhz module (RFXCOM) no "update page" on cloud services or upcoming products or Zipato roadmap,

but we got the New Zipatile UI.

OHH AND there is ANOTHER new Zipamicro controller,(http://pcsto.ee/product.php?id_product=930397) that doesn't have Zigbee support, and cost the same as a Wink or Smarthings HUB. That probably only supports a limited number of devices and programming and thus needs the Pro licence extension, wait, that doubles its price. Who is buying this crap? Didnt anyone learn from the Zipamini

No Homekit support, No user added third party integration support or addons, no extra Alexa support such as voice feedback, open/close, change colours of RGBW modules, no Ecobee, no logitech Harmony, no Netatmo, no group energy metering, no abillity to change a sensors display from active/inactive to open/close/motion/nomotion/etc

Beside The Home Remote app, there is no Zipato controller integration into other software UI's. This option, if Zipato would connect with other partners, would at least allow us to use the basic device control and programming of the Zipato system with a fully customisable Interface, but they dont try this either. Oh we got Conrad Connect, WTF does that do? I cant do anything with it beside see some sensors, another 1/4 implementation done, with no documentation or videos on what can be achieved.

Dont get me wrong, I love the new Cluster feature, and am glad I we finally got backup, but the SIP server doesn't work reliably,

It seems every other Smart HUB is catching up and overtaking Zipato in terms of supported products, what can we expect from Zipato shortly?

Replies (5)

photo

:'-(

It's a shame, I really liked Zipato, but every time I bought hardware, that is on the supported device list, and added it, it didn't work properly. After opening a ticket I am then told the device is not supported and as you say post on here for votes... LOL

I now have Homeseer HS3 running on a mini PC with RFXTRX433E and Aeotec Z-wave stick and this works excellent. All my devices work straight away and no hassle.

Not sure what to do with the Zipabox and related hardware, sell it or keep it. :-)

photo

This sounds like the same problems I have with my home.ee system. Nothing works perfect. All works 70% and the last 30% are totally annoying. I thought here it might be better. Damn...

photo

Read the forums of other controllers and you will see that it is also a lot of problems:)

photo

Yeah, but more problems with other controller is even farer from a solution. Vera looks not bad but users have problems with the mobile apps.

photo

our issue is that we must rely solely on Zipato for integration. There is no 3rd party plugin store as other systems have. So we have to wait until "ZIpato decide" if they want to include a product or not. It means we miss out on a lot of integration of products. And if we try and include them ourselves via http, etc, we have no way to integrate them into a Zipato widget/device properly. A multilevel switch can only be a value between 0-100 not less and not named at different levels, a virtual switch is only on/off, their is no virtual media player widget you can create, and the list goes on. A developer SDK would be nice for those enthusiasts to create there own devices and plugins.

Vera has a lot of 3rd party supported apps though, so you dont have to stick with Veras version.

photo

Totally agree !

W.r.t Virtual Multilevel switch, I do set them to -1 to keep them in sync and operational over the group of another V/Switches or Relays they control. Could not think of any other better way as Zipato does not let you control the device if the virtual switch is already at the state that you wish the device to turn into.

photo

@Robert, which brand have you changed to, and (except for stability) what is better with the other brand? -Can you write equally complex rules, does it integrate with Amazon or Google etc?

photo

I totaly agree with Robert W.

I also doublecheck zipabox every day. It's very often than a light didn't turn on/off or that there is a delay for something to execute.

And all issues with cloud...

I do like zipato and there are so much potential, but...

I hope to see some new functions, new apps and new webgui in the near future. And most important of all, a stable product. Is so I'll stay with zipato.

Regards

photo

Thank you for you detailed informations. It is not so common, that users give an insight into the not so bright sides of their product. I wish you not only less bugs in the next year but also a nice start in all other parts of you life.

All the best,Mario

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file