This object is in archive! 

Calibrating temperature on Fibaro FGMS-001

Roar shared this idea 8 years ago
Under Consideration

According to Fibaro doc you can adjust the temperature sensed by this device by adding or subtracting in parameter 66.

The Zipato controller does not allow me to enter negative values, i.e. i cannot subtract 2.8 degees Centigrades in the Device Manager. It does not allow me to go below 0.

Question: How can I enter negativ offset temperature value?

Replies (10)

photo

I just looked in the manual and it is wrongly written for Fibaro. Try number 65507 (65535-28)

photo

Thanks Attila.

I did that to but after I have saved, the Zipato controller converted 65507 to -29 and says "The value cannot be negative". se attached file.

photo

Than simply contact support.zipato.com they can definitely help

photo

Actually here is the trick. Open up the configuration page, and click on the text of the parameter. You will have 2 buttons. Set it to that value 55407 and click send. Then wake up the device.

photo

Then you can test the value by retrieve and wake up. To save the settings, rewrite 55407 and click save.

photo

Thanks Attila,

I entered 65507 as you described and when I do retrieve it says -29 which as I understand from the doc means -2.9 degrees. However, the entry is still marked red and says "The value cannot be negative". see attached file.

It also seems ths the value is not subtracted from the displayed value.

photo

Ok, you are half way through. Now just simply write the 55407 number (or perhaps 55406 and click save. It will not allow you to save negative values but as you retrieved value -29 it should be fine. Guess you need it to start reporting temperatures with the adjusted value so you will need to give it time to reflect the changes. (possible a couple of hours).

photo

I actually think it accepts the value. I entered -100 and i teported back -100. When I now look at the temperature reading it acctually report a lot lower than before. It may be that the problem lies only in the user interface which believes i can't handle negative values. BTW, I think 55407 is to far off. The adjustments are i 0.1 degrees so when I write -100 it means -10.

photo

Yes, it really works. It is only the user interface that fools me. This should be an easy fix for the coders.

Thanks again Attila for your support.

photo

Thx for sharing. I think only support can fix this. I have similar topic raised with them on fibaro rgbw.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file