This object is in archive! 

Connection problem with Fibaro smoke alarm 002

Niklas Östberg shared this problem 8 years ago
Known

Hi,

I bought an Fibaro smoke alarm today and i'm trying to connect it to my zipabox system.

The only thing i get to work is the temperature, i don't get a signal back from the smoke alarm or the temperature alarm.

The heat sensor reports back "Sensor off"

The smoke alarm reports back "No smoke"

The temperature works fine.

When i trigger an alarm (putting a piece of paper on fire on a tray) the smoke alarm beeps and flashes. But doesn't send a signal back to my zipabox.

Ive tried to remount it, restart both the zipabox and smoke sensor without success. It just doesn't report back.

The smoke sensor is produced 3rd of december 2015 and runs firmware 3.3

Whats wrong?

Replies (8)

photo

Can you see that it has been triggered when you look at events for that unit?

photo

Double post...

photo

I have tried it again and i get a response back from the smoke alarm.

First "smoke detected" and then a couple of seconds later "no smoke".

Why doesn't it update that in the device browser? And why does it say that "smoke alarm heat sensor is off?

My events doesn't get triggered as it doesn't react to the "smoke detected" signal from the smoke alarm. Ive made a simple rule to turn on one of my lamps if the smoke alarm goes to state "smoke detected". But the lamp doesn't get turned on. See attached file.

photo

I use the "Temperature Sensor [STATE]" to send me message when there is a smoke alarm.

I get no signal from the "Smoke Sensor [STATE]".

Must be something with the default configuration from Zipato ?

I'm new to this and found out it's a lot of workarounds and trial and Error to get things running :)

photo

I have just bought 4 FGSD-002 with FW 3.3

I made a rule that the Zipaboc shall send me a push message when smoke is detected by using the Smoke Sensor state (not temperature state as Anders N), which worked. Haven't testet to include any lights yet, so I don't know if that will work aswell.

For me did it take a while before the alarm in the sensor set off. This is ok in a kitchen, but in a sleeping room or the laundry do I want the alarm to be more sensitive. Do any one know if this is possible to change the sensitivity of the sensor?

I do also want to want to know how I shall comply an alarm rule that will be triggered if the sensor reach a certain temperature. As I understand it do the sensor have a default value when the alarm shall be triggered in the unit itself. I do also want to be able to change this value myself, but how?

photo

Dear Lukas,

there is an option to change sensitivity. From manual:

1. Fibaro Smoke Sensor sensitivity

There are 3 levels of sensitivity to smoke presence. Level 1 means the highest

sensitivity. Rising the parameter value lowers the sensitivity to smoke presence.

Available settings:

1 - 3

1- HIGH Sensitivity

2- MEDIUM Sensitivity

3- LOW Sensitivity

Default setting:

Parameter size:

1[byte]

photo

Thank you Mato P.

I found it now under Config.

and then

/19xGsSp6Ek5zGEfR2InbXRsplr8bIKm7GKu+yP3gfAZRqQYWmmYAICZK0M487brf2lbYVKpfcHUiIt7VGBEQAxSWo0DQTEAEUl6BC00xABFBcggpNMwERQHEJKjTNlEoigECg9S4gAggEMgVEAIFApoAIIBDIFBABBAKZAiKAQCBTQAQQCGQKiAACgUwBEUAgkCkgAggEMgVEAIFAphJDhPrDvwKBQGtZq0oEEAiUHgIigEAgU06J8P9DCWIiiv009wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

photo

But where do I change the Temperature threshold? I can't find that option under the Config tab or do I have to add that parameter myself under the "Custom Configuration" option?

According to the manual is the default value 55 degrees.

/X9a4oWhJV2+pwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

photo

Dear Lukas,

you are right, you have to insert that configuration manually. This is parameter number 30.

From manual:

30. Temperature threshold

Temperature value measured by the built-in temperature sensor above which the

excess temperature notification is sent (visual indication/sound/Z-Wave report).

Available settings:

1 - 100

1-100– (1C - 100C)

Default setting:

55(55C)

Parameter size:

1[byte]

photo
photo

Hi, I have the same problem with 3 new Fibaro SMoke detectors, the controller shows the temperature and the regular No Smoke-awake signals sent out, but no alert when the smoke alarm is activitated.

Anyone else with the same problem now?

photo

I guess this smoke sensor will need to be included into a smoke (24hrs active) virtual alarm in order to provide notification.

Can you see that the sensor changes state in the webui when detecting smoke?

photo

The sensors is included into a Safety Zone. I have a couple of Fibaro Smoke Sensors since before, and they are functional with the Zipabox. The Zipabox only detects temperature and No-Smoke-wake-ups for the three new ones, not Smoke detection at all. The signals are a little bit different with the new ones compared to the old ones, perhaps there has been an update in Fibaro firmware that the Zipabox are neew to?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file