This object is in archive! 

Fibaro FDG212 inclusion

Matthijs van den Berg shared this problem 8 years ago
In Progress

Hi All,

I have a couple of Fibaro FDG212 (Fibaro Dimmer 2 Module). Installed the first today and work ok (can switch lights / Dim lights with lamp switch) but inclusion in the Zipato box fails.

When I start the inclusion process first an exclusion is done. I hit the "B" button 3 times and the device seem to get excluded. In the Inclusion process I hit the same "B" button 3 times again, but the device never gets recognized / included; Time out.

After trying a couple of times my Zipato box goes off-line. :-(

Any ideas? I am on the beta release.

thanks.

Matthijs

Replies (5)

photo

I did a downgrade to the regular release and nog I get a "Configuration Failed".

Is it possible the device (rather new model) is not being recognized as the reason for this failure?

photo

I've just install 2 new FGD212.

I've got the same problem with the inclusion process.now It works you need to place your module close to your box (1m or 2m).

The inclusion process was successfull, but the module is not really recognized by the box.

After inclusion the module appear with several unexpectd lines in the module list.

For a basic use it's ok, you can control lights with dimmer or only with on/off function.

But for more complex use (e.g. scene) there are several limitations. I was not able to use the "triple clic" function in a scene. I've replaced this module by the previous version FGD211 and the scene works fine and the setup is clear and perfect.

I feel that ZIPATO haven't include this module in the latest firmware, I hope they will do it soon.

photo

Thanks all, I indeed got the Dimmer included after placing the Zipbox VERY CLOSE :-s But as Gizmodu72 states there is not a lot usable until full support is added. Hope this makes it in the system rather soon since I have 7 of those modules.

photo

Nice

photo

Great, I will test it tomorrow :-)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file